Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
Maybe I’m sheltered in suburban wales, but I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen or heard something racist.

Is the UK actually full of hidden racists?

There isn’t a racist issue down the City, or most sports grounds.

I’ve been to hundreds, if not over a thousand sporting events, over the years.

I’ve heard one racial comment.

That was directed towards Nathan Blake when he played for Wales in the 90s, and I confronted the bloke.

Yes, there’ll be the odd racist at games, and pockets of racists in society, but in the whole the vast, vast majority of us abhor racism.

I don’t personally believe anyone would get away with making a comment at a game these days, without be challenged.

Particularly as Cardiff is a very inclusive, multicultural city.

But, this taking the knee.

Fine initially, but how long does it go on for?

I watch sport for escapism, not to be lectured that we’re a country of racists. We’re not.

Like the NFL in America bowing to the current narrative of allowing players to wear the names of convicted felons, on their helmets.

Yet, the league wouldn’t allow the Dallas Cowboys a few years ago to put the names of the five Police officers killed at the hands of a black man, that Summer.

Double standards.

One other thing I’d say about racism, is that it extends both ways.

There are many black people who can’t stand whites. Apparently, we’re all privileged and to be held to account for the disgraceful way black people were treated many years ago.

We are just as repulsed, as they are for some of that treatment.

Society has improved for the better.

But, taking a knee will never stop a racist, being a racist.

That needs to come from the way parents raise their kids.