+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stupid quarantine rules in Wales...do I ignore it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stupid quarantine rules in Wales...do I ignore it?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why are you continuing to use total population figures when under 18’s are not as yet included in the process ? Its 49.2% of the eligible population that have received the two doses and over 86% the first dose, in Wales.
    It's the only direct comparison I could find v England.

Using your data it looks like 7 months into the vaccination programme over half of the eligible population of Wales is not 'fully protected'.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    It's the only direct comparison I could find v England.

Using your data it looks like 7 months into the vaccination programme over half of the eligible population of Wales is not 'fully protected'.
    Englands figures are fully published on the same Government website as Wales (England currently 54% fully covered). However Wales did over 55000 second jabs over the last weekend, so will catch up fast at that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Englands figures are fully published on the same Government website as Wales (England currently 54% fully covered). However Wales did over 55000 second jabs over the last weekend, so will catch up fast at that rate.
    Wales has done terrific job focused on 1st jabs.

As you say Wales needs to catch up on 2nd jabs. The issue we have is that Wales has been working on giving a second jab within 12 weeks.

Since mid- May the joint vaccine committee says that 2nd jabs need to be given within 8-9 weeks because of the risks with the Delta variant.

Looking at where Wales is currently, in broad terms there are around 900,000- 1m people who need to have a second dose within the next 8-9 weeks. Can be done but will need a few more 55k weekends plus some to do it.