+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good Morning Britain - Boris Johnson Interview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Good Morning Britain - Boris Johnson Interview

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's so simple isn't it! I don't need lecturing on the morality of it all - I agree with you on that. It's how to properly fix it in the real world.

Like I said, I am open to the idea. Discussing it is no bad thing and at least we have moved on from the tone earlier which was descending into the usual "BLoNdE mAn BaD" stuff.

What you will never do is eradicate every single story like the one in question here. There may be specific circumstances here that we aren't aware of and no government can protect every single person from any price rises.
    This situation is a lot simpler than BlOnDe MaN makes out though.

For far too long these corporations treat us like we're in an abusive relationship, basically telling us "you think things are bad now but you're lucky I don't leave you. Nobody else will love you".

If they paid their "fair share" and the money went to subsidising the costs of living then I would hazard a guess that we'd be living in a more affordable society (that includes affordable housing).

I don't know what the alternative is. I guess it's what's happening now so I'd rather take the risk of pissing off some CEOs who will ultimately know that their shareholders will still get huge dividends regardless (maybe one less yacht in each financial year though).

Re: Good Morning Britain - Boris Johnson Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    This situation is a lot simpler than BlOnDe MaN makes out though.

For far too long these corporations treat us like we're in an abusive relationship, basically telling us "you think things are bad now but you're lucky I don't leave you. Nobody else will love you".

If they paid their "fair share" and the money went to subsidising the costs of living then I would hazard a guess that we'd be living in a more affordable society (that includes affordable housing).

I don't know what the alternative is. I guess it's what's happening now so I'd rather take the risk of pissing off some CEOs who will ultimately know that their shareholders will still get huge dividends regardless (maybe one less yacht in each financial year though).
    I just read for every £100 Norway gets in tax revenue in the North Sea we get £8. Is it any wonder basically everything in Norway is better than here?