+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: NOTTINGHAM FOREST v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

At least we'll get it over with in 1 go. Still not sure whether to buy a match pass, might rely on a dodgy stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    At least we'll get it over with in 1 go. Still not sure whether to buy a match pass, might rely on a dodgy stream.
    Well it'll probably be Bamba & Nelson at centre back so it'll be a fun watch

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Well it'll probably be Bamba & Nelson at centre back so it'll be a fun watch
    Bamba injured, as is Flint and Morrison.

Wales online suggest the following four possibilities to partner Nelson:

Firstly, and perhaps the one which fits most naturally, is Greg Cunningham. The Republic of Ireland international, who is more at home at left back, has played there many times before and could slot straight in.

He has found game time hard to come by this season, though, owing to a hamstring injury, the latest in a long line of injury troubles over the past 12 months for the defender. However, if match fit, this could be an opportunity for him to shine.

The two other left backs, Joe Bennett and Joel Bagan, are also in consideration to fill that berth.

While Bagan perhaps offers a height advantage at 6ft 3ins, Bennett has more experience of senior football, a quality which cannot be underestimated at centre back.

Lastly, however, there is Will Vaulks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bamba injured, as is Flint and Morrison.

Wales online suggest the following four possibilities to partner Nelson:

Firstly, and perhaps the one which fits most naturally, is Greg Cunningham. The Republic of Ireland international, who is more at home at left back, has played there many times before and could slot straight in.

He has found game time hard to come by this season, though, owing to a hamstring injury, the latest in a long line of injury troubles over the past 12 months for the defender. However, if match fit, this could be an opportunity for him to shine.

The two other left backs, Joe Bennett and Joel Bagan, are also in consideration to fill that berth.

While Bagan perhaps offers a height advantage at 6ft 3ins, Bennett has more experience of senior football, a quality which cannot be underestimated at centre back.

Lastly, however, there is Will Vaulks.
    Even better!

Surely there's a centre back in the academy?

Even better!

Cardiff City, using the academy?

Got a career in stand up planned?

Gun to my head, I'd go Vaulks Nelson Cunningham, with Bennett and Bacuna as wing backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cardiff City, using the academy?

Got a career in stand up planned?

Gun to my head, I'd go Vaulks Nelson Cunningham, with Bennett and Bacuna as wing backs.
    Is Osei-Tutu still injured?

Ben Margetson could be called up from u23. Maybe play a back 3 with Nelson, Margetson, Cunningham. Wing backs Sang and Began.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Is Osei-Tutu still injured?
    Harris has said he won't be back this week.

Even better!

I still think of Bagan as more of a centre back than a left back, he played there for the Academy and I was surprised when he started playing left back for the under-23s. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up playing as his career progresses. Him and Cunningham should be fine on Saturday, whoever plays wherever.