+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Collection of Championship predictions (feel welcome to update as you see more)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Collection of Championship predictions (feel welcome to update as you see more)

Loftforwords is in: https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co....%93-contenders

"Last Season: Highly fancied after a pipping QPR to the summer signing of Kieffer Moore then spending the debt of a small African country for a loan of occasional free kick enthusiast Harry Wilson, but Neil Harris’ spit-on-it-and-call-it-foreplay “style” of football was non-dimensional, predictable and easy to neutralise....

Manager: Mick McCarthy I said to TC get his number up, he said who, I said you know who.

This Season: James Collins is exactly the sort of square-arsed, bruising, experienced centre forward you knew McCarthy would have in here at the first opportunity. Cardiff will, as has been the case for a number of years under Neils Warnock and Harris and now Big Mick, pose a physical challenge to whoever plays for them, with Sean Morrison a persistent threat at set pieces....

Local Knowledge – Gareth Scriven @Scrivs25 “We started last season under Neil Harris, following a successful spell, where we reached the play offs the previous season . We lost out to eventual winners, Fulham. The majority of the fanbase were hoping Harris could continue the good work from the previous season but things didn't go according to plan. The early part of last season was poor, really poor...

What We Said Last Season: 5th Finished 8th, -3.

Prediction: 4th We overrate Cardiff as often as we underrate Swansea. Again, maybe repeating that mistake again here but I like their transfer business."
    I've given a taster above but genuinely worth looking at the whole thing as they go into this sort of detail for each of the expected contenders in the linked thread and more to come.

Re: Collection of Championship predictions (feel welcome to update as you see more)

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Loftforwords is in: https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co....%93-contenders

I've given a taster above but genuinely worth looking at the whole thing as they go into this sort of detail for each of the expected contenders in the linked thread and more to come.
    Yes it’s a good read, they certainly put some work into their season preview! I agree it’s hard to predict a top 6 as there seems to be a lot of clubs struggling in the Championship at the moment but the 3 relegated clubs and Bournemouth will be up there leaving 2 play off places very much open to a large number of similar teams , including us

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Yes it’s a good read, they certainly put some work into their season preview! I agree it’s hard to predict a top 6 as there seems to be a lot of clubs struggling in the Championship at the moment but the 3 relegated clubs and Bournemouth will be up there leaving 2 play off places very much open to a large number of similar teams , including us
    Not The 20 said we'd need a good start which I thought was far from guaranteed given disrupted pre-season and this has been recognised on Loft For Words. I also like that they've recognised our recruitment has been strong (at least on paper) recently.

The Benjamin Bloom Football Channel (one of those from Gab Sutton's thread highlighting other good predictors) has us in 9th and also comments on positive recruitment process with the relevant time-stamp being 31:00 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcl7G-u5JKw This one says a lot will depend on young players stepping up and we've slowly being going backwards in terms of league position even before this year started.