+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Russell Brand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Russell Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    What on Earth are you alluding to in regards to Milliband and Brand?
    We are speaking about who he spoke to and for aren't we?

I'd say an article from the time in question about the person in question and his appeal is a damned site more relevant than some weird post about Jimmy Savile, wouldn't you?

Re: Russell Brand

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    We are speaking about who he spoke to and for aren't we?

I'd say an article from the time in question about the person in question and his appeal is a damned site more relevant than some weird post about Jimmy Savile, wouldn't you?
    I thought it was pretty similar in relation it illustrates how politicians can build relationships with those in showbiz.

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/10/jim...olice-thatcher

Savile played a role in helping Thatchers government, Milliband spoke to Brand. What’s the biggest mistake?

In relation to who Brand was speaking for, although he espoused opposition to austerity policies I’m pretty sure when he ended upon QuestionTime or perhaps Newsnight he suggested to people not to vote. His appearance on some political programmes basically showed he didn’t have a lot of depth to his outlandish, verbose drivel.

I’d imagine most at the time saw Brand as speaking for himself as even the most stupid can see he’s a attention seeking, narcissistic waanksplat. Not Milliband obviously mind

I wonder what Thatcher saw in Savile? This is whataboutism?