+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brennan Johnson

Brennan Johnson

I'm glad he chose Wales.

Re: Brennan Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I know his cousin. England tried to get him, even stretching to get Beckham to speak to him at dinner

Arsenal would be a good fit

Been linked with Brentford for about £18m

Very talented player, will be an important player for Wales

Didn’t realise his dad was David Johnson, the former Forest striker

Scored again.

I said he was already better than Wilson and should start for Wales, and now it looks like he could be better than James too?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I said he was already better than Wilson and should start for Wales, and now it looks like he could be better than James too?
    He isn't better than Wilson and certainly isn't suitable for the role Wilson played against Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He isn't better than Wilson and certainly isn't suitable for the role Wilson played against Austria.
    You see what you see and I see what I see He played deep on the left against Liverpool and did really well. He can play in a number of positions.

You see what you see and I see what I see He played deep on the left against Liverpool and did really well. He can play in a number of positions.
    He's utilised as an almost pure attacking threat by Forest, he's often left furthest forward to begin the counter

Playing slightly deeper on the wing as you're playing Liverpool is also completely different to playing in the midfield as Wilson did against Austria. It would be a huge call to drop Wilson for Johnson.

Johnson for James is more doable, but I think James' pace and work rate is invaluable. Johnson is definitely the first player I'd look to bring on if we need a goal though

He's utilised as an almost pure attacking threat by Forest, he's often left furthest forward to begin the counter

Playing slightly deeper on the wing as you're playing Liverpool is also completely different to playing in the midfield as Wilson did against Austria. It would be a huge call to drop Wilson for Johnson.

Johnson for James is more doable, but I think James' pace and work rate is invaluable. Johnson is definitely the first player I'd look to bring on if we need a goal though
    We will have to agree to disagree on this one I'd also have Allen & Ampadu playing double pivot in midfield, so no room for Wilson I'm afraid.

A brilliant prospect for Wales.
    IF we make it to Qatar - big IF. Robert Page will have tough job whittling down his final squad.

Gluey would have Ampadu in his world eleven, seems Johnson may be joining him - think he will turn into a better player than Wilson if he builds on the start to his career, but Page clearly got his selection right against Austria and Wilson was one of our better players that night.

I'm surprised he didn't play more against Austria. He almost scored and he was only on for a few minutes. I think he's much better than Wilson was at that age but I'm not sure he starts before him at this moment in time. Maybe by Qatar though (IF we make it).

I'm sure he's quite played quite a lot of games in a midfield 3 for them aswell. His work rate and discipline is exceptional everytime I've seen them play

We will have to agree to disagree on this one I'd also have Allen & Ampadu playing double pivot in midfield, so no room for Wilson I'm afraid.
    Wales are better when we attack, Ampadu in the back and Allen only. If / when Allen goes, than Ampadu could step forward. I honestly don't see many other midfielders on the near horizon.

Page should really have taken him to Euro 2020 instead of Colwill.

He was further on in his development having had a fantastic season on loan at Lincoln playing week in week out. That loan gave him the platform to take the Championship by storm this season.

By taking Colwill, it automatically raised expectations when in reality he is one or two seasons behind Johnson. I have no doubt he will be a fantastic player and he'll have benefitted from the game time this season.

My only worry is I'm not sure if our manager is good enough or has the know how to utilise a player of Colwill's ability. Johnson will have benefitted greatly from a coach of the level of Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gluey would have Ampadu in his world eleven, seems Johnson may be joining him - think he will turn into a better player than Wilson if he builds on the start to his career, but Page clearly got his selection right against Austria and Wilson was one of our better players that night.
    Bale

James - Ramsey - Johnson

Ampadu - Allen

Back 4

Neco - Davies - Rodon - Roberts

or

Davies - Rodon - Mepham - Neco

Back 4

Neco - Davies - Rodon - Roberts

or

Davies - Rodon - Mepham - Neco
    I wouldn't trust a converted left back in a back 2 personally. He is also too slow to play as a left back.

Edit..before its jumped on..CB pairing was what I was getting at with back 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I wouldn't trust a converted left back in a back 2 personally. He is also too slow to play as a left back.

yeah I think Davies ' best position these days is the left side of a back 3.
    Roberts can play as a wingback, and Neco Williams was born to play it.

our problem will be when Allen retires we don't have other players who can do that role, unless you play Ampadu in midfield and then we are short of centre backs

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Ampadu automatically drops into the the backline for Venezia when required. James, Ramsey & Roberts can also track back when we are defending.

Ampadu automatically drops into the the backline for Venezia when required. James, Ramsey & Roberts can also track back when we are defending.
    Cool.

I still think a cb pairing doesn't have room for a converted left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah I think Davies ' best position these days is the left side of a back 3.
    Roberts can play as a wingback, and Neco Williams was born to play it.

our problem will be when Allen retires we don't have other players who can do that role, unless you play Ampadu in midfield and then we are short of centre backs
    Ampadu is a positive headache isn't he..

Yes Davies is fine in a 3 but shouldn't be anywhere near a cb pairing..