+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22/23 Pundits predictions thread.

22/23 Pundits predictions thread.

Just listened to the Second Tier podcast which is predicting an eighteenth place finish for us. A big disagreement between the two presenters apparently with one not impressed at all with our rebuilding and damning Steve Morison with the old chestnut of being “tactically naive” (he thinks we’ll finish twenty first) while the other one is coming around to thinking that Morison could be a good fit for us and talks of us having a “high ceiling” this season - he’s also been impressed by some of the pre season videos he’s seen of us.

For myself, I can’t see how anyone could predict anything other than a bottom third finish for us with the squad we currently have, but I can’t believe we won’t see a few more attacking signings come in and, if they’re on the same sort of level as some of our recent newcomers, then I’d be quietly confident about 22/23.

Re: 22/23 Pundits predictions thread.

We’ve got a very difficult start to the season.

It was my first viewing of the NEW team at Swindon yesterday and I was pleased with some of the movement and passing.

If, and it’s a big IF, we can get a good start, I think we could possibly surprise a few EXPERTS out there.

Can we get something from the Norwich game, it’s a funny one, they’re licking their wounds, hopefully feeling sorry for themselves, we’re a team of new faces trying to knit together.

Hard one to predict, but let’s be positive

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For myself, I can’t see how anyone could predict anything other than a bottom third finish for us with the squad we currently have, but I can’t believe we won’t see a few more attacking signings come in and, if they’re on the same sort of level as some of our recent newcomers, then I’d be quietly confident about 22/23.
    Quietly confident of what, though? A top half finish? A play-offs push?

I don’t have any expectations at all as I know next to nothing about most of the players Morison has brought in. I don’t have any firm views on the coming season one way or the other.

What I’d love to know is what targets the owner and the board have set for the manager for this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...wettbewerb/GB2

in terms of squad value, transfermarkt has us 16th

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I don’t have any expectations at all as I know next to nothing about most of the players Morison has brought in. I don’t have any firm views on the coming season one way or the other.

What I’d love to know is what targets the owner and the board have set for the manager for this season.
    Quietly confident of finishing around halfway with the promise of better to come. I also think we won’t be so mind numbingly boring as we have been for most of the last three seasons and, after last season, I’ll gladly accept a season that’s nothing special in terms of league position if the football is worth watching for a fair proportion of the time.

I’ve been having a look for the sort of predictions that tend to get made at this time of year, but haven’t had much luck yet. Interestingly, the three I’ve found all have us finishing in seventeenth or eighteenth place which I don’t think is bad considering the lop sided nature of our recruitment so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    in terms of squad value, transfermarkt has us 16th
    The bookies have City finishing between 15th and 18th.

Regarding what the owner and Board expect from Morison, surely the usual talk of a Play Off place challenge has to fall by the wayside given the budget he’s had to work to?

Regarding what the owner and Board expect from Morison, surely the usual talk of a Play Off place challenge has to fall by the wayside given the budget he’s had to work to?
    Well that’s it, to my knowledge there hasn’t been a peep from the owner or the chairman regarding the coming campaign. Maybe that’s for the best, but it would be interesting to know what their expectations are all the same.

Well that’s it, to my knowledge there hasn’t been a peep from the owner or the chairman regarding the coming campaign. Maybe that’s for the best, but it would be interesting to know what their expectations are all the same.
    Agree, we hardly ever hear from the owner / management anymore, certainly would be interesting to know what expectations are

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree, we hardly ever hear from the owner / management anymore, certainly would be interesting to know what expectations are
    when we had parachute payments it would have been reasonable to expect that we would at least be challenging for the playoffs each season.
    now we don't, and we have spent no money, surely mid table with something to build on for next season, maybe sell a player or two for good money is about the best we can expect at the moment

I’ve not watched any pre season friendlies
    I hardly ever do
    Last season we looked dreadful apparently this season from the video clips we at least look like we have 11 footballers on the park

Hard to make an expectation on what I haven’t seen yet but with 3 of our better players missing from last season to expect anything other than a struggle is a bit optimistic

However I will go Saturday hoping (rather than expecting) for a season of exhilarating wins and good laughs with mates and a promotion push

Im expecting a relegation battle and us to finish 18th
    I think we are better than Birmingham Rotherham Blackpool and possibly Sunderland and Reading

Is anybody due points deductions?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I’ve not watched any pre season friendlies
    I hardly ever do
    Last season we looked dreadful apparently this season from the video clips we at least look like we have 11 footballers on the park

Hard to make an expectation on what I haven’t seen yet but with 3 of our better players missing from last season to expect anything other than a struggle is a bit optimistic

However I will go Saturday hoping (rather than expecting) for a season of exhilarating wins and good laughs with mates and a promotion push

Im expecting a relegation battle and us to finish 18th
    I think we are better than Birmingham Rotherham Blackpool and possibly Sunderland and Reading

Is anybody due points deductions?
    Apart from Sunderland, they are the sides the Second Tier podcast had finishing below us, the other one was Huddersfield.

Every bookie has Reading as favourites to go down. Ince is building a squad with lots of big and physical players. There is an emphasis on fitness. Can’t see there being much creativity. I think we will have enough to stay up but it won’t be pretty,

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Every bookie has Reading as favourites to go down. Ince is building a squad with lots of big and physical players. There is an emphasis on fitness. Can’t see there being much creativity. I think we will have enough to stay up but it won’t be pretty,
    Sounds like the old Northampton team under Bowen

Haven’t been to any pre season games so next week is going to strange one, figuring out who’s who. Could it be a record number of League debut makers in one game for us? ........ barring 1920/21 obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sounds like the old Northampton team under Bowen

Up & down like a whore’s knickers

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Haven’t been to any pre season games so next week is going to strange one, figuring out who’s who. Could it be a record number of League debut makers in one game for us? ........ barring 1920/21 obviously.
    I suppose it could depend on whether Ojo would be considered a debutant, but, if yesterday’s starting eleven was to be the same against Norwich, that would be eight I reckon - think that would have to be a record.

International

Just listened to the Second Tier podcast which is predicting an eighteenth place finish for us. A big disagreement between the two presenters apparently with one not impressed at all with our rebuilding and damning Steve Morison with the old chestnut of being “tactically naive” (he thinks we’ll finish twenty first) while the other one is coming around to thinking that Morison could be a good fit for us and talks of us having a “high ceiling” this season - he’s also been impressed by some of the pre season videos he’s seen of us.

We were creating good chances from open play, add a switched on fast Striker like McCormack and we definately will surprise a few teams, I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Haven’t been to any pre season games so next week is going to strange one, figuring out who’s who. Could it be a record number of League debut makers in one game for us?
    2011/12 away at West Ham, six players made their debuts and two more new signings came on as subs. That's the most I can remember at the start of a season.

The total was five new signings in Dave Jones' first game.

Mid table to top ten and then who knows

I think we'll do well to finish mid-table.
    A lot of new faces so it will take some time to build a solid team spirit.
    I'm hoping we bring in a couple of forwards too, Watters might do alright but we need more.
    Think we need to hang on to Sean Morrison too, he may work well with Kipre if we can ever get him fully fit again.

Think we still need more at the back and up front obviously, but I believe we'll avoid the relegation dog-fight.
    It will be interesting to see how we go tactically, Morrison seems to be favouring a 4-3-3 so let's hope he doesn"t start messing with 5 at the back again and we stick with a back 4.

Wintle and Rino could be key this season.

It's hard to predict
    I've done my homework tho
    we have 5 welsh
    20 english
    5 irish
    and 6 six from various other pleasant countries.
    But no women?

From what little I've seen of the friendlies we play attractive football but the opposition has been weak. It's a pity we didn't play any teams which would have stretched us more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    From what little I've seen of the friendlies we play attractive football but the opposition has been weak. It's a pity we didn't play any teams which would have stretched us more.
    Might turn out to be a smart move though that. With so many new additions, we might have been smashed by better teams which would have knocked our confidence.

Norwich will be a tough start so it will be very interesting to see how we fare against a very decent side. Thank the lord we're at least at home!

Second Tier pod comes out with some absolute tripe but the response from our fans indicates we have some quite naive fans. 18th is a reasonable prediction, I suspect we'll be from there to 12th.