+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22/23 Pundits predictions thread.

Re: 22/23 Pundits predictions thread.

We are going up as champions. We will slaughter every **** that plays us, home or away.

Will depend a great deal on our start. I think there are likely to be worse teams than us, there was a lot of dross in the division last year, this season likely the same. Hopefully mid table, 12th, but who knows.

There's nothing there that suggests to me that we'll finish in the top half of the table.
    Hopefully we can stay above the relegation zone, but time will tell. We need some confidence boosting points in the early part of the season.

The Racing Post's annual 80-page season preview 'The Big Kick-Off' was published today. They predict City will finish 18th. The write-up on the Bluebirds reads:

"Steve Morison is wasting no time in putting his stamp on the Cardiff team, but the sheer scale of the changes could lead to a short-term dip in performances. Many of Morison's signings have scope to improve, but their worth to the side may not be seen until the second half of the season. Patience will be required, but the Bluebirds should do enough to avoid any relegation concerns."

The Post's top six is:

1 - Norwich City
    2 - Watford
    3 - Sheffield United
    4 - Middlesbrough
    5 - West Bromwich Albion
    6 - Burnley

They have Bristol City to finish 16th and Swansea 17th.

As for the major bookmakers, City's average position in the pre-season Championship betting is 16th.

It's surprising to hear players talk about promotion given the sheer amount of incomings to be fair.
    If they were big-time players who could hit the ground running, maybe you could be more optimistic, but I'd be surprised if we achieved much of anything this season given the player turnaround.

Slade had an equally difficult job as Morrison and he didn't last long. The knives will be out for Morrison soon. Personally I would be happy to remain in the Division. Any talk of a possible play off place is wildly premature.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Slade had an equally difficult job as Morrison and he didn't last long. The knives will be out for Morrison soon. Personally I would be happy to remain in the Division. Any talk of a possible play off place is wildly premature.
    Slade had parachute payments

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Slade had parachute payments
    How much did he spend? Genuine question, I've no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How much did he spend? Genuine question, I've no idea.
    Slade spent just under £2m in his first January transfer window and pretty much nothing after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    We are going up as champions. We will slaughter every **** that plays us, home or away.
    End of discussion.

Next topic.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Slade spent just under £2m in his first January transfer window and pretty much nothing after that.
    I'm willing to bet we were running a wage bill a lot higher than it is now though

I’ve grown more optimistic. I started out predicting 18th but I’ve now moved us up to 14th. As we know finding a couple of double figure strikers is golden, with them I think maybe 10th is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’ve grown more optimistic. I started out predicting 18th but I’ve now moved us up to 14th. As we know finding a couple of double figure strikers is golden, with them I think maybe 10th is possible.
    I’d say a couple of double figure strikers would have us in the top ten, but, let’s be honest, is it really going to happen at a club that has, with one exception, been woeful at signing goal scorers in the last ten years?

I've listened to "Second Tier", "The ChampionshipChat Podcast" and just finished "Not The Top 20 Podcast" and they all have us finishing in the same part of the table, just a few spots above relegation.

They all pretty much have the same Top 6 as well.

Here's the last one's prediction table. They also predict League 1 & 2 but the Championship is always their most accurate each year:

m2h9h2tmsrd91.jpg

One thing I noticed in each of the podcasts is the recurring theme of, "if they manage to bring in a good striker or two then they'll shoot up the table." Said that for so many teams which makes me wonder if our neighbours will do well with Piroe and Obafemi ready to go

City classed as a “relegation candidate” by the Guardian, but an interesting choice by them when it comes to one of the three young players to watch;-

https://www.theguardian.com/football...and-strugglers

NTT20 have us 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm willing to bet we were running a wage bill a lot higher than it is now though
    Slade slashed about 10m off the wage bill. If we get off to a ropey start, Morison won't last long. He'll start gunning for people and that'll be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I've listened to "Second Tier", "The ChampionshipChat Podcast" and just finished "Not The Top 20 Podcast" and they all have us finishing in the same part of the table, just a few spots above relegation.

They all pretty much have the same Top 6 as well.

Here's the last one's prediction table. They also predict League 1 & 2 but the Championship is always their most accurate each year:

m2h9h2tmsrd91.jpg

One thing I noticed in each of the podcasts is the recurring theme of, "if they manage to bring in a good striker or two then they'll shoot up the table." Said that for so many teams which makes me wonder if our neighbours will do well with Piroe and Obafemi ready to go

That table looks upside down. Ami rite?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That table looks upside down. Ami rite?
    Has anyone predicted anything other than a Reading Birmingham bottom 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Has anyone predicted anything other than a Reading Birmingham bottom 2?
    Not that I’m aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d say a couple of double figure strikers would have us in the top ten, but, let’s be honest, is it really going to happen at a club that has, with one exception, been woeful at signing goal scorers in the last ten years?
    a Peter Thorne will do me just fine. Bloody good footballer & a really nice bloke as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    a Peter Thorne will do me just fine. Bloody good footballer & a really nice bloke as well.
    Yeah, he'd be perfect in a side like this one - he was a footballer and a target man whose heading ability was as good as any forward we've had here in the twenty first century I'd say. I'm among those who wouldn't be bothered if we didn't recruit a big lump type target man, but a Thorne type would be so useful defending the near post at corners - that's something we look short of at the moment.

Three Wales Online hacks have us finishing between tenth and twelfth - apparently we made a "languid" start to last season, that's hardly the word which springs into my mind when I remember last autumn

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...tions-24464574

Jobi McAnuff has us as a surprise package in this preview. Makes me hate the Adams injury even more:

Who will be the surprise package this season and why?

"The other club I fancy is Cardiff City. There have been lots of departures and lots of new faces in. Ebou Adams from Forest Green is a player I know well, I think is a really good signing and he provides an energy they lacked last season, as do some of their other recruits. I’d expect them to have a much better season and cause a few teams problems. "

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/july/c...p-predictions/