Is this the end of Gavin Whyte

Re: Kion Etete- Spurs striker

Long medical?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    He's also a fluent Welsh speaker.
    and he insisted on a pay as you play contract

Not sure how accurate this is but I got strong Alan Lee vibes watching the clips of him last season. Looks a positive signing if it comes off.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Long medical?
    Have you seen how tall he is?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Long medical?
    he has a dodgy medical history

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s right, that’s right, that’s right, that’s right
    Is this the end of Gavin Whyte
    I had
    that's right that's right that's right that's right because James Collins was shite

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Lol, about the only thing I got right was the two 360 degree turns (on a sixpence). Unless someone says it was someone else 😟
    The only evidence that remains is the post match highlights tapestry

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

If only that had been in place to capture the (offside) goal when we played Chelsea in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Have you seen how tall he is?

Starting to get a good feeling about this season. Morison seems to know what he's doing, if he really wanted Eteke then he must see him fitting in well. Hopefully the lad can have a good season and fire us into the top 6 !

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Starting to get a good feeling about this season. Morison seems to know what he's doing, if he really wanted Eteke then he must see him fitting in well. Hopefully the lad can have a good season and fire us into the top 6 !
    forget the top 6

We've played 1 match!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    forget the top 6
    We've just beaten the best side in the league to open the season. Personally I think we're going to surprise a few people this year

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    We've played 1 match!
    If you can't get excited at the start of a football season when can you?

Think Morison has done a tough job very well so far, if either etete or watters click we could surprise a few !

We've just beaten the best side in the league to open the season. Personally I think we're going to surprise a few people this year
    I admire your enthusiasm, though we'll see about Norwich being the best side in the league next May.

Im far more confident after Saturday. Collins and Kipre look good signings.

Philogene seems very highly rated plus weve got Colwill and Davies as attacking options as well as hopefully a couple of newcomers.

I thought Allsopp Romeo and Sawyers would at least be solid Championship players.

I think we will finish comfortable in mid table. That and improve the football then its a good season.

If you can't get excited at the start of a football season when can you?

Think Morison has done a tough job very well so far, if either etete or watters click we could surprise a few !
    I'm guessing the question of when I do get excited was a rhetorical one and you'd rather I didn't go into detail.

I admire your enthusiasm, though we'll see about Norwich being the best side in the league next May.
    Maybe they'll be 2nd best, if we really get going and top the table ourselves 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'm guessing the question of when I do get excited was a rhetorical one and you'd rather I didn't go into detail.
    It's post watershed so you feel free to expand !!

I did mean it more from the point of view of my own early season excitement though, may prove to be ill founded but I've got a good feeling this year.

Maybe they'll be 2nd best, if we really get going and top the table ourselves ��
    No complaints from me!

It's post watershed so you feel free to expand !!

I did mean it more from the point of view of my own early season excitement though, may prove to be ill founded but I've got a good feeling this year.
    Please, the last thing I want to do (nor should anyone let me) is p*ss on their parade. I'm a bit cranky for all kinds of reasons. In fact, your excitement and enthusiasm is very welcome and much appreciated.

20220803_182515.jpg

found this on twitter that I thought was interesting.

massive disclaimer - these are very small sample sizes, so we shouldn't read basically anything into them - the error bars on these will be massive.

that's what we shouldn't do, but that's less fun. So let's dive into the data.

crosses - not surprising, he's playing centrally and not likely to be pinging many crosses into the box.

goals - above average for strikers in L1 but wayyy abouve the xG number, so you probably wouldn't expect him to keep scoring at that rate, not without making a big change in the other underlying numbers .

xG pretty low, probably due to the even lower number of shots he makes per game, and touches in oppo box is also really low. this is probably where we will be hoping he can improve his game. if we can get him on the ball on the box and he can start getting higher numbers of shots the xG will shoot up. obviously there are big team effects here and I've no idea how Cheltenham played when he was there.

shooting accuracy and goal conversion % is excellent, but given a very low number of shots in an already low number of games these are REALLY small sample sizes, could be promising though.

expected assists are good - which seems to tie into the video clips showing him setting up other players quite often.

he's slightly below average for aerial duels - which is a little surprising for someone if his stature, but by no means a disaster.

other defensive stats are pretty good though, especially interceptions and defensive duels, which suggests he's working hard and pressing well - which should fit into our new style.

passing stats are all really good as are dribbles (again small sample size klaxon going off). progressive passing is lower but you'd probably expect that of someone playing in a CF role as there won't be anyone ahead of you on the pitch to pass to a lot of the time.

definitely an interesting profile