+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: READING 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Pearcey it’s seems like we’re being lured into some hideous trap with your moaning and groaning about your concern for your club. My biggest concern is finding & getting the football bus from Reading town centre.
    Stop being a whore and drive there. Park up at Mereoak park and ride and get the bus in. Easy Peasy. The Mereoak buses are running.

I haven’t forgiven you for the curse you placed on my club two years ago. You should be ashamed Splotty P.

Ince claims Reading were close to getting Kipre in this window, but Cardiff stepped in and the rest is history!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/re...ionship-rival/

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Stop being a whore and drive there. Park up at Mereoak park and ride and get the bus in. Easy Peasy. The Mereoak buses are running.

I haven’t forgiven you for the curse you placed on my club two years ago. You should be ashamed Splotty P.
    We're on the train on Saturday, taking in the fleshpots of Reading pre and post match, join us for a bevvy........................if you know the bus situation

We're on the train on Saturday, taking in the fleshpots of Reading pre and post match, join us for a bevvy........................if you know the bus situation
    A bit baffled as to why so many buses aren’t running. If I wasn’t driving I would join you. I do a few Cheltenham home games when Reading are not at home and get a lift to the pub so that I can drink. Outside of that I don’t drink when I go games as getting the train and then the bus is too much like hard work

A bit baffled as to why so many buses aren’t running. If I wasn’t driving I would join you. I do a few Cheltenham home games when Reading are not at home and get a lift to the pub so that I can drink. Outside of that I don’t drink when I go games as getting the train and then the bus is too much like hard work
    We’ll let you know which pub we're in, pick us up, say, twoish, jolly decent of you

We’ll let you know which pub we're in, pick us up, say, twoish, jolly decent of you

make room for me and my lad. we are on the train as well. You'll probably need a 7 seater.

Actually is there a decent place in town that will not be rammed. Food not an issue as my son is going to have a Wendys for lunch and I'm happy with a few beers and a pie at the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    make room for me and my lad. we are on the train as well. You'll probably need a 7 seater.

Actually is there a decent place in town that will not be rammed. Food not an issue as my son is going to have a Wendys for lunch and I'm happy with a few beers and a pie at the ground.
    The Nags Head in Russell Street is decent. It’s about a 15 min walk from the train station.

Mike. I have been informed The Butler in Chatham Street is a decent shout. Avoid the Three Guineas which is right outside the train station. It will be rammed and very loud and is a complete rip off. Not somewhere I would go on match day.

Is the World upside down pub ok for away fans?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Yes you should be fine and can park up there and walk to the ground....it is a fair walk though circa 25 mins.

Same chain as upper Boat I believe. I was there a few weeks ago.

Weren’t Reading on the bones of a threadbare squad when they beat us 1-0 at CCS last season?

Take nothing for granted in this league.

Would be nice to see us have a decent performance to back up the battling one from last week

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Whenever I went to Reading, we just did what we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Whenever I went to Reading, we just did what we wanted.
    Peter Whittingham with you?

MATCH FACTS

• Reading lost their last league game against Cardiff in April, having gone 10 games in a row without defeat against them between 2016 and 2021 (W5 D5).
    • Following a 2-1 win at the Madejski Stadium last season, Cardiff are looking to win consecutive away league games against the Royals for the first time since September 2001.
    • Reading have lost their last four league games in a row, failing to score in each defeat. The Royals last lost five consecutive league matches without netting a goal in March 1998.
    • Cardiff have won their last two games in the Championship, despite only attempting a total of six shots across the two (1-0 v Derby and Norwich, three in each).
    • The last time they won three in a row in the league without conceding a goal was in December 2020, under Neil Harris.
    • Cardiff manager Steve Morison is looking to win three consecutive league games for only the second time as Bluebirds boss, while he is looking to register three consecutive league shutouts for the first time.

Yes, everything points to a 1-0 Reading win. 😥

I'd like Denham to replace Ng for this one but I imagine we'll start with Nelson

Would not start Ralls. Looked way off the pace when he came on last Saturday.
    Nelson may have to start but I am worried. Don’t ask him to play out from the back as Morison is urging them to do.
    I would keep Watters up front but maybe sub him for Ete at HT
    Last edited by DubaiDai; 05-08-22 at 21:29. Reason: Incorrect spelling

Totally agree. Surprised Nelson survived the clear out

Same team please drive. With Philogene and Etete coming off the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Same team please drive. With Philogene and Etete coming off the bench
    Ng suspended

Ng suspended

Hopefully Denham replaces NG and I'd start with Etete up front

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Hopefully Denham replaces NG and I'd start with Etete up front
    I agree with Denham replacing NG. However, I think Morison will feel Etete hasn't had enough time to familiarise himself with the setup yet.

I can see Philogene getting some game time.

I would rather Ralls and Nelson were not on the pitch at the same time.