+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sol Bamba article

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sol Bamba article

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    He was no dummy when it came to playing and was a lot better footballer than you give him credit for. A very good leader as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    One more season....last match....promotion into the PL. Now that would be a dream come true, if it happened.
    So good to hear Sol is on the mend. I honestly thought he wouldn't play again after getting stretchered off at Wolves. One to keep at the club after his playing days are over.
    I hope city give him a one year playing contract combined with a longer term coaching role.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I hope city give him a one year playing contract combined with a longer term coaching role.
    A lot would depend on salary, but I'm not convinced about giving a 36 year old with a recent history of injuries another year's playing contract. Coaching perhaps, but then do we have any vacancies in that area.

Yes he's a great guy to have around the squad, and he might just roll the years back and show he's still an excellent player at this level, but I'm not convinced we can afford to take that kind of a risk. I see next season as being a difficult one for us. Our budget will be hugely reduced so we have to make sure it is fully utilised.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    He was no dummy when it came to playing and was a lot better footballer than you give him credit for. A very good leader as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    A lot would depend on salary, but I'm not convinced about giving a 36 year old with a recent history of injuries another year's playing contract. Coaching perhaps, but then do we have any vacancies in that area.

Yes he's a great guy to have around the squad, and he might just roll the years back and show he's still an excellent player at this level, but I'm not convinced we can afford to take that kind of a risk. I see next season as being a difficult one for us. Our budget will be hugely reduced so we have to make sure it is fully utilised.
    He had already done some coaching and I think he's a great guy to have around. On the playing front i can't see him getting many games but as back up he would be useful.

But yeah, depends on budget, and that is going to be very limited next season.