+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Manager Odds Watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Manager Odds Watch

Surely Tan et al have to know McCarthy will not be a popular choice? And most likely not a good one.

Personally, I’d be happy with Pulis, Jokanovic or Pearson (I would have said Bilic, but he’s just gone to China).

However, an excellent combination would be Mark Hughes, with Bellamy as his assistant.

Both have enormous respect for each other, from working together at Blackburn and Wales.

Regardless what some think of Hughes, he has done very well at the smaller clubs he’s managed.

Took Blackburn to a top six finish, Stoke to three ninth place Premier League finishes in a row, and kept up a Southampton side most had written off for relegation.

Throw in his international experience with Wales and with them both being Welsh, dream ticket.

They also both have the standing to command respect in the changing room, and to entice players to come here.

Bellamy could learn the ropes off Hughes, and if and when the time was right, succeed him and Hughes move upstairs to become a Director of Football.

Surely McCarthy ticks all the boxes? He’s available and would in all likelihood accept the job without having much money to spend, and plays a style of football that fits the philosophy of the club

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Surely McCarthy ticks all the boxes? He’s available and would in all likelihood accept the job without having much money to spend, and plays a style of football that fits the philosophy of the club
    ohhh get ****t....we don't have anything approaching a philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Personally, I’d be happy with Pulis, Jokanovic or Pearson (I would have said Bilic, but he’s just gone to China).

However, an excellent combination would be Mark Hughes, with Bellamy as his assistant.

Both have enormous respect for each other, from working together at Blackburn and Wales.

Regardless what some think of Hughes, he has done very well at the smaller clubs he’s managed.

Took Blackburn to a top six finish, Stoke to three ninth place Premier League finishes in a row, and kept up a Southampton side most had written off for relegation.

Throw in his international experience with Wales and with them both being Welsh, dream ticket.

They also both have the standing to command respect in the changing room, and to entice players to come here.

Bellamy could learn the ropes off Hughes, and if and when the time was right, succeed him and Hughes move upstairs to become a Director of Football.
    I like your take on Hughes & Bellamy I would be well happy with that set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

What makes Hughes a good choice as DoF? We seem to have the idea that experience as manager qualifies you for that role but almost no DoF is based on that characteristic.

If our aim is still to i) improve playing style, ii) bring through youth, iii) improve in transfer market, iv) establish longer term vision and v) keep us competitive, which targets do you think Pulis, Jokanovic or Pearson can achieve successfully?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Surely Tan et al have to know McCarthy will not be a popular choice? And most likely not a good one.
    Wasn’t that what was said about Warnock?