+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Still wide open

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Still wide open

Of the teams we've played so far only West Brom have looked a class above and that was only in spells. This looks the most even & open Championship for years.

If we continue to play the same way were odds on for mid-table but a spark and a few wins we could be right in the play-off mix. Honestly !!!

I think Sunday will be a big indicator to where we're heading. We hit a nadir against the Jacks, somehow scrambled a bit of redemption yesterday and if (?) we can get a win against the carrot crunchers we'll really be in a great position, at last, to push on. Alternatively, and probably more likely, it could all go wrong again 😌

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    I think Sunday will be a big indicator to where we're heading. We hit a nadir against the Jacks, somehow scrambled a bit of redemption yesterday and if (?) we can get a win against the carrot crunchers we'll really be in a great position, at last, to push on. Alternatively, and probably more likely, it could all go wrong again 😌
    We are going to beat the jacks who finished 10 points above us in the playoff final. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    If we continue to play the same way were odds on for mid-table but a spark and a few wins we could be right in the play-off mix. Honestly !!!
    City have been involved in two of the strangest games I've ever witnessed already this season: the 3-0 victory over QPR and yesterday's astonishing 4-2 win - not only the wettest game I've ever been at but also one of the weirdest. Those victories look much, much better on paper than they were in reality.

Warnock's mob regularly manage to drag the opposition into physical battles and their strengths come to the fore in such situations, but they look way behind most sides at this level in terms of genuine ability and that's guaranteed to hamper them in the long run. Personally, I'll be amazed if they finish in the top ten.

Yesterday was great entertainment and the points were welcome but I wouldn't read much into the result, particularly as Birmingham are no great shakes either.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Of the teams we've played so far only West Brom have looked a class above and that was only in spells. This looks the most even & open Championship for years.

Yep. As a Reading fan I have absolutely not given up on the play offs yet. The gap between top and bottom is smaller than ever this season. It’s why I have been surprised at some of the comments on here. Cardiff are very much in the mix.
    Look at the teams near the top. They are bang average.
    All to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep. As a Reading fan I have absolutely not given up on the play offs yet. The gap between top and bottom is smaller than ever this season. It’s why I have been surprised at some of the comments on here. Cardiff are very much in the mix.
    Look at the teams near the top. They are bang average.
    All to play for.
    Why do you come on here Pearcey? I know you've been here for a long time and I'm all for you being here, but why come on a Cardiff board?

The question is purely out of interest and no more!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Why do you come on here Pearcey? I know you've been here for a long time and I'm all for you being here, but why come on a Cardiff board?

The question is purely out of interest and no more!
    I’m half Welsh so have a soft spot for the Welsh clubs. I support Wales in all sports and Glamorgan in the cricket. I get ST’s for the Wales games. It’s good to be able to talk about Wales on here as there isn’t much interest on the Reading messageboard.
    I always want to see Cardiff do well....apart from against Reading. Been posting on this messageboard or the one that preceded it for nearly a decade.