+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anybody watch pointless ?

Re: Does anybody watch pointless ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Great
    The ‘My mate & The Beast’ story;
    My mate, his missus, who was driving (she’d recently passed her driving test) and their daughter pulled into Tesco, Pengam Green car park and she dropped a bit of a bollock reversing into a space, didn’t hit anyone though, no damage caused to anything. The Beast’s car was near and when she got out she apologised to him for her driving and was so relieved she didn’t hit anything. He gave her a mouthful of abuse, ‘You shouldn’t be driving, you’re a danger etc’, he ranted on at them on the way to the store. My mate, who had his daughter late in life, said words to the effect of that she knew she’d made a mistake but there’s no spilt milk etc, with this The Beast turned to their daughter and said ‘Tell your Granddad to shut up’, by now they were inside the store, my mate’s daughter hit back with ‘He’s not my granddad, he’s my dad’. He made some sarky comments, anyway, a store official came over after overhearing the raised voices and had the event explained to her, The Beast came out with the classic ‘Do you know who I am ? I want these people removed from this shop’, fair play to the store official, she told him that he’d have to do his shopping at Sainsbury or Asda from now on as he wasn’t welcome. The man came over as a self important bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I enjoy Pointless, we record it and watch it later in the evening so you can fast forward through the talking bits. I got a couple of pointless answers the other night naming players from the Liverpool - Roma European cup final in 1984
    Good idea, I like the format but it suffers from the same thing as most gameshows in that I don't give a shit what the contestants have been up to I only want some questions to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My mate, his missus, who was driving (she’d recently passed her driving test) and their daughter pulled into Tesco, Pengam Green car park and she dropped a bit of a bollock reversing into a space, didn’t hit anyone though, no damage caused to anything. The Beast’s car was near and when she got out she apologised to him for her driving and was so relieved she didn’t hit anything. He gave her a mouthful of abuse, ‘You shouldn’t be driving, you’re a danger etc’, he ranted on at them on the way to the store. My mate, who had his daughter late in life, said words to the effect of that she knew she’d made a mistake but there’s no spilt milk etc, with this The Beast turned to their daughter and said ‘Tell your Granddad to shut up’, by now they were inside the store, my mate’s daughter hit back with ‘He’s not my granddad, he’s my dad’. He made some sarky comments, anyway, a store official came over after overhearing the raised voices and had the event explained to her, The Beast came out with the classic ‘Do you know who I am ? I want these people removed from this shop’, fair play to the store official, she told him that he’d have to do his shopping at Sainsbury or Asda from now on as he wasn’t welcome. The man came over as a self important bully.
    What a complete tosser.

Do you? When they go through the ‘Who will you be taking on?’ part of the show after the first contestant’s cash builder, every Chaser is shown but recently there’s been a blanked out face and Bradley says ‘Will it be the new mystery Chaser?’ So, yes I watch it every evening yet the mystery Chaser hasn’t come forward yet.
    Fair enough

I haven't seen it the recent ones, I thought you were confused by the concept of a chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Good idea, I like the format but it suffers from the same thing as most gameshows in that I don't give a shit what the contestants have been up to I only want some questions to answer.
    Quiz shows have a ratio of questions apparently - how many questions per ten minutes of show (or something).

The Chase has a pretty good ratio, better than most on TV recently. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire had a really low one.

I think Fifteen To One had one of the highest of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    m

That’s one of the things we shout at the telly about, ‘Just get on with the questions and answers for Christ’s sake. They could wrap up an hour game show in around about 25 minutes without the waffle. I know it’s all about filling time and padding it out but I’m not interested in Nuneaton scoutmaster Bob’s camping tales with the boys.

What a complete tosser.
    Was that really called for?

Okay the story we'd all been waiting for was a bit of a let down but that's a bit harsh!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Fair enough

I haven't seen it the recent ones, I thought you were confused by the concept of a chaser
    Duncan Norvelle was a chaser who confused me on finding out he had a wife

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Was that really called for?

Okay the story we'd all been waiting for was a bit of a let down but that's a bit harsh!

Much prefer Pointless to The Chase.
    The latter is a test of knowledge and speed of recollection, whereas Pointless is more a test of the depth of your knowledge.

House of Games is a little gem which I think is moving to BBC1 in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nope , find it pointless .
    Likewise

Versions of Pointless have been broadcast in 13 countries and it has ended in 10. The UK version has been shown since 2009 and, IMHO, is an example of a show that has run its course. It needs to finish. As The Chase seems to be quite popular the BBC have got to come up with something good to fill the teatime slot in order to compete. I wonder if they are just dragging on with Pointless until someone comes up with a decent alternative.

What a complete tosser.

Ya, fancy letting his Mrs drive !!!!

I can believe it, he always gives the impression he's a complete ****