+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Songs you dont like.

Re: Songs you dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    WRONG!
    Yeah, i'm not into Nile Rodgers, although the influence he had, espexially on dance music is massive. Suppose it could be said of Elvis as well, although i reckon that he pinched his act from those who would never have got a look in during that period. Tom Jones, now there's a grade A Bastard.

WRONG!
    You think I might have got my opinion wrong, meaning that in actual fact I do like him?
    Or are you saying that it isn't repetitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    With you on Elvis. I can sometime be swayed by the people i know that love Elvis. Usually white, thick as shit, a bit racist, and boring pissheads to boot. Maybe i'm missing something and i need a good history lesson on certain genres of music, but Elvis songs seem to bring out the emotive expression of those who can't seem to express themselves when sober, and they seem to get it tragically wrong. I'm here to be educated though
    Elvis had a massive, massive influence on R&R and blues singers/musicians.
    Some of the people who don't like him are usually those who were around and "active" when he was and they were into something else.

Its a bit like Nile Rodgers, who I don't happen to like [or do I?], having a big influence on R&B and other types of music since the 70's.
    Wasn't particularly into that disco stuff at the time, though I do appreciate it has it's place in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Best party tune of the Eighties, a classic!
    jump around like a hick with a straw of hay between your teeth,,,no thanks, prefer geno

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Elvis had a massive, massive influence on R&R and blues singers/musicians.
    Some of the people who don't like him are usually those who were around and "active" when he was and they were into something else.

Its a bit like Nile Rodgers, who I don't happen to like [or do I?], having a big influence on R&B and other types of music since the 70's.
    Wasn't particularly into that disco stuff at the time, though I do appreciate it has it's place in the grand scheme of things.
    Yeah, fair shout. I don't like Elvis songs and i'm not really that keen on the people that i know who adore him. I wasn't about when he was doing his thing (i was very young) although i have to concede when it comes to influence, although i'm pretty sure that the people who influenced Elvis probably didn't get much of a look in.

You think I might have got my opinion wrong, meaning that in actual fact I do like him?
    Or are you saying that it isn't repetitive?
    The only thing you said was that it's repetitive. So that.

Lulu Shout

Yeah, fair shout. I don't like Elvis songs and i'm not really that keen on the people that i know who adore him. I wasn't about when he was doing his thing (i was very young) although i have to concede when it comes to influence, although i'm pretty sure that the people who influenced Elvis probably didn't get much of a look in.
    You are right.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart gets very little credit.

That ‘Working Man’ song by David Alexander, reminds me of Sunday afternoons over The Shed, old pissheads who’d never done a tap since they were a milk monitor singing their heads off to it

The only thing you said was that it's repetitive. So that.
    Oh okay thanks for clearing that up. I did think it a bit odd that you would say my opinion was wrong, there are couple on here who might have though.

Regarding the fact that you disagree with my saying that La Freek (I think that's what its called) is repetitive, I am of the opinion that it is fact you who are wrong.

Some decent string arrangements in the song but the same riff in every verse and chorus of the song and no key change, that's what I'm referring to when I say repetitive.

Zzzzz

Chicory Tip

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lulu Shout
    Don't ****ing encourage her.

You are right.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart gets very little credit.
    Didn't he play full back for west germany-Espana 82?

James Blunt You’re Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    James Blunt You’re Beautiful.
    Yeah, that song should end this thread. What a warbling crock of shit that was.

Didn't he play full back for west germany-Espana 82?
    Nah, you're thinking his great great great great great great great great.... great great grandson, Gerhard.

WAM didn't have time for football, he was too busy learning instruments, writing and performing.
    Only 35 when he died.

Nah, you're thinking his great great great great great great great great.... great great grandson, Gerhard.

WAM didn't have time for football, he was too busy learning instruments, writing and performing.
    Only 35 when he died.
    He sounds like a bit of a show off.

That Whitney Houston was a screecher, she crucified Dolly Parton’s ‘I Will Always Love You’ and her rendition of ‘Higher Love’ aaarghhhh!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That Whitney Houston was a screecher, she crucified Dolly Parton’s ‘I Will Always Love You’ and her rendition of ‘Higher Love’ aaarghhhh!!!!!!!
    Absolutely!

Ialso hate most of the stuff they call "R&B" these days.
    It certainly isn't Rhythm and Blues!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Country and Western

It’s all shite IMO

Mull of Kintyre. A complete dirge.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That ‘Working Man’ song by David Alexander, reminds me of Sunday afternoons over The Shed, old pissheads who’d never done a tap since they were a milk monitor singing their heads off to it
    Jeez, some guy used to sing a few of those David Alexander songs in our local about 15 years ago on the Saturday night karaoke, properly depressing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Unbelievable, ya philistine!

It’s a classic, an absolute banger!

“...I’m the cream of the crop, I rise to tha top.....I’m a Terminator, like Arnold Schwarzanager.’

Up there with the greatest dirge’s ever though, Elton John’s ‘Don’t let the sun go down on me.’
    If you look back on Everlast's lyrics though they are hardly "fine malt". "I'm not a dago, but pasta's all that" Oof!

UB40's version of Red Red Wine.

Marching On Together

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles

Blaydon Races (CCS version)

Vindaloo

Three Lions

The Birdie Song