+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Apparently testing is coming under pressure also because people are confused about the differences in symptoms between what’s known as the common cold and the coronavirus. They are going for tests because they have a mild temp rise and a cough....like the consultant said on the news last night, its far more likely to just be a cold. Stuffy, blocked nose is unlikely to be Covid. By the end of last week 10 out of 30 in my eldest primary year were off with colds. Lots of the usual bugs about, more so as they e been off for 6 months maybe.

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Apparently testing is coming under pressure also because people are confused about the differences in symptoms between what’s known as the common cold and the coronavirus. They are going for tests because they have a mild temp rise and a cough....like the consultant said on the news last night, its far more likely to just be a cold. Stuffy, blocked nose is unlikely to be Covid. By the end of last week 10 out of 30 in my eldest primary year were off with colds. Lots of the usual bugs about, more so as they e been off for 6 months maybe.
    That is a huge part of the problem coupled with the number of people going on holidays to those countries requiring a test before departure. Children and colds go hand in hand. Every year many thousands of kids catch colds. My ex teacher wife always seemed to be coming home with a cold which meant our whole family felt ill every winter although not bad enough to keep us off work. There are still major logistical problems, however, with track and trace which they should have got the army to sort out just like they did with the building of the new hospital facilities and the logistics surrounding the delivery of PPE.