+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

Tough decision I reckon for a traditionally lower league club, do we expand or not? History shows that clubs eventually return to their place in the pecking order, and crowds return to pre top flight days and the prospect of a white elephant of a half filled stadium that still has to be paid for is the stuff of nightmares. I know Bournemouth did spend a few bob, they had to, haven’t they just sold a player for £40 million to Man City though? but, especially in these dodgy times for smaller clubs, they may have ensured the future of the club with the Premier League money and no ground debt millstone around their neck.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tough decision I reckon for a traditionally lower league club, do we expand or not? History shows that clubs eventually return to their place in the pecking order, and crowds return to pre top flight days and the prospect of a white elephant of a half filled stadium that still has to be paid for is the stuff of nightmares. I know Bournemouth did spend a few bob, they had to, haven’t they just sold a player for £40 million to Man City though? but, especially in these dodgy times for smaller clubs, they may have ensured the future of the club with the Premier League money and no ground debt millstone around their neck.
    Probably get near 20 million for Brooks, 15 million for one of the strikers as well if not both. Bournemouth could have quite a fair amount of money to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Probably get near 20 million for Brooks, 15 million for one of the strikers as well if not both. Bournemouth could have quite a fair amount of money to play with.
    I'm not sure Brooks played enough last year for someone to spend that amount of money on him. He was out for a long time with an injury, clubs might hedge their bets and wait to see how he gets on next season before splashing out

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Depends on their ambitions I suppose. Good managers are hard to come by. Howe will be hard to replace. I'm not sure how many of their squad have relegation clauses, but they might find it very hard to attract new players.