Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
The public i.e. the voters that REALLY matter tend to like strong leadership so I suspect it'll actually play well.

With regard to Reeves, are you referring to the renationalising or tax cuts comments?
We will have to agree to disagree on whether Starmer is showing strong leadership. In my view it is spineless and a betrayal of the party he leads and the people he is there to represent. FWIW last month many more of the public (who REALLY matter) backed the strikes than opposed them, and support was rising. That's from the Daily Mail not The Canary!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...D-45-CENT.html

I have spent most of my adult life as a Labour Party member (over 30 years), usually under right wing leaders, but always felt able to fully participate, campaign and canvass, and hold office. But with Starmer - after that catalogue of cynical lies he told to win the leadership election - I just reached a tipping point. I quit last November - although the Labour Party refuses to accept my resignation (despite phone calls, emails and cancelled direct debits) until I register on their How To Resign portal and follow the on-line divorce procedure. Membership is down by about 200,000 under Starmer if you include the lapsed figures.

On Reeves I was referring to the re-nationalisation comments.