+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking after elderly folk , what a nightmare

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Looking after elderly folk , what a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    we had to push , the initial care package was crap , I said unless you provide support for my mother and me I am going to lose my ****ing mind

But its still hard , mum gets 3 visits a day but if she messes herself at 7pm the night carers don't come till 9 so I have to give my old dear personal care , its not easy for her dignity
    Sorry to hear this mate, what are your thoughts on permanent care in a home? unfortunately things do not improve with time, and you do not want your own physical and mental health to deteriorate which is all to common for carers.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Sorry to hear this mate, what are your thoughts on permanent care in a home? unfortunately things do not improve with time, and you do not want your own physical and mental health to deteriorate which is all to common for carers.
    She is of sound mind and when she's not under an infection she copes ok .

She wants to stay in her home with increased care and she has told the doctors thats the way it is until they deem its unsafe for her to be here .

Care homes are dreadful , my old man was in one , 1000 quid a week and when I used to visit him he was often sitting in his own mess. I had enough and brought him home and got carers in , its far better for old people to die with dignity than be left in a room like cattle and for families to be paying through the nose for it .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    She is of sound mind and when she's not under an infection she copes ok .

She wants to stay in her home with increased care and she has told the doctors thats the way it is until they deem its unsafe for her to be here .

Care homes are dreadful , my old man was in one , 1000 quid a week and when I used to visit him he was often sitting in his own mess. I had enough and brought him home and got carers in , its far better for old people to die with dignity than be left in a room like cattle and for families to be paying through the nose for it .
    Sorry Sludge have to disagree about care homes, my partner was in Alderwood care home in Colchester, yes it was expensive but the care and dare i say love she received from the totally committed and understanding staff was first rate and i never had a moments doubt she was being superbly cared for

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Sorry Sludge have to disagree about care homes, my partner was in Alderwood care home in Colchester, yes it was expensive but the care and dare i say love she received from the totally committed and understanding staff was first rate and i never had a moments doubt she was being superbly cared for
    The care home in barry was dirty and had cats running around everywhere

The one in bridgend just left him in his own mess

Its cheaper for my mother , and kinder , for her to be cared for at home with an increased care package than it is to uproot her to the care homes we have locally , they are owned by millionaires and are dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    My Mother in law was in a home in Llandaff as soon as you walked in there all you could smell was shit and piss,when she went into a different home what a difference.The staff were so caring and it was not a private run home.