Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
And who started that here? And who's trying to defend him even now?

I picked those examples because I reckon that England cricket fans and Brighton fans are thinking this week that a bit of game management wouldn't go amiss at times alongside the entertainment. I don't think any fan enjoys watching their team getting stuffed, it's not the first time it's happened to both of them recently too. I don't think any fan enjoys watching their team get relegated either. Of course it can turn out to be a happy accident in the long term but I don't think fans or clubs see it as part of a masterplan at the time.

You see it differently though, fair enough. You think entertainers should stick to their principles and shouldn't compromise. Pragmatism and game management aren't for you and you'll mock the posters on here who see it differently. It's all about playing the game the right way, keep doing that and success will follow. Win win.

But

City played entertainingly under Dave Jones, Malky's Watford were entertaining too so it should've been a good match here. He'd been given millions to spend so there should've been success to go with the entertainment but it turned out Malky was a pragmatist. No more entertainment for him, it was game management all the way with football that would send a glass eye to sleep, even after being given another £30m to spend.

I've no idea how you can take the moral high ground on here while sticking up relentlessly for Malky. It's one or the other, surely?
Sorry, but you've missed once again an important point. I think this is absolutely key to our promotion season.

Malky was given 3 seasons to win promotion. After his first season, which produced some really good attacking football, playoffs and a league cup final, completely against the odds, our owner decided he wanted promotion the following season. I'm not rewriting history here, this is all 100% true and verifiable.

Tan decides to pump more money into the club to achieve this. That's not Malky's fault, neither should it be a stick to beat him with. After a couple of months of entertaining football, Malky realises we concede too many and the 2 year plan is in jeopardy, so decides on a much more defensive tactic. A quick look at our results that season overwhelmingly proves that.