+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

Can you travel here from England? Some friends want to hire an Airbnb for a few days over xmas but are they allowed? Lots of people travelling about, students etc?

Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can you travel here from England? Some friends want to hire an Airbnb for a few days over xmas but are they allowed? Lots of people travelling about, students etc?
    Yes...travel within UK is permitted.

And staying over?

Before the 2nd lockdown in England, if you were in Tier 2 or 3 you couldn't travel to Wales.

I'm planning a Christmas visit before 23rd Dec, so waiting to see what bracket London falls into when they announce them on Thursday.

I'm assuming tier 2 and 3 will again be prohibited from traveling? I hope not as last opportunity to get back pre Christmas.

And staying over?
    Yes. Maximum of 3 families can get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Before the 2nd lockdown in England, if you were in Tier 2 or 3 you couldn't travel to Wales.

I'm planning a Christmas visit before 23rd Dec, so waiting to see what bracket London falls into when they announce them on Thursday.

I'm assuming tier 2 and 3 will again be prohibited from traveling? I hope not as last opportunity to get back pre Christmas.
    Unfortunately, that is likely to be the case.

There will be a million students roaming round the country, so a few more tourists won't make much difference.

Anyone living in a Tier 2 area in England will not be allowed to mix with other households indoors so that would probably preclude sharing an AirBnB - and that rule applies even if they are visiting Tier 1 areas (or any Welsh equivalent thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post

Tier 2 people are not barred from travelling and can stay in their bubbles elsewhere overnight. Those in Tier 3 can travel into other areas but not stay overnight on any basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Anyone living in a Tier 2 area in England will not be allowed to mix with other households indoors so that would probably preclude sharing an AirBnB - and that rule applies even if they are visiting Tier 1 areas (or any Welsh equivalent thereof).
    Not mixing, they are one family who just want to come here....

Not mixing, they are one family who just want to come here....
    See above

International

I believe the ban on travel from/to Tier 2/3 areas is effective before and after the christmas period of grace. During the 5 day christmas 'window' travel and getting together (up to 3 households)is OK. It is a calculated risk which is why the governments of all countries are begging people to use the rules as a maximum they can do rather than a minimum the must do.

So what TBG said is not strictly true.

The rules have changed so frequently I don't think anyone knows nor cares anymore

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I believe the ban on travel from/to Tier 2/3 areas is effective before and after the christmas period of grace. During the 5 day christmas 'window' travel and getting together (up to 3 households)is OK. It is a calculated risk which is why the governments of all countries are begging people to use the rules as a maximum they can do rather than a minimum the must do.

So what TBG said is not strictly true.
    What I said was true but, admittedly, I forgot to mention the regs during the 5 day Christmas window when everyone is welcome to kill off their nearest and dearest. I shall self-flagellate....