+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Attack or Defend better?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Attack or Defend better?

Everyone talking about attackers, but I’m pretty sure our scoring rate under Morison is an improvement over McCarthy’s early season team, it’s the other end of the pitch where we are really in need of improvement - we can’t go on needing to score two, at least, to win.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Everyone talking about attackers, but I’m pretty sure our scoring rate under Morison is an improvement over McCarthy’s early season team, it’s the other end of the pitch where we are really in need of improvement - we can’t go on needing to score two, at least, to win.
    Morison: 12 scored in 11 league games
    McCarthy: 10 scored in 14 league games

If you include the FA cup tie, we've scored 2 or more goals in 7 out of Morison's 12 games in charge. That's pretty decent I think.

Our goals against rate was 1.86 in the league under McCarthy. That's now 1.63. It's still too high, even if we no longer have the 2nd worst defensive record in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Trouble is at the moment we can’t score at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Trouble is at the moment we can’t score at all.
    That's not strictly true.

In Morison's 12 games, we've drawn blanks on 4 occasions. In the remaining 8 games we've score 1 once, 2 on 6 occasions and 3 once. In over half of our games under him we've scored 2 or more.