+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If the Indian variant becomes established here and things turn out as bad as some of the modelling suggests, then Governments that allowed travel to and from India this spring deserve criticism no matter what party they represent surely? However, it appears that Wales and Northern Ireland have different rules to England and Scotland. This piece

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56806103

From April talks of there being no direct international flights into Wales and Northern Ireland at that time and as travel into Wales from England was not allowed then I believe, there was an effective ban at that time.

Current rules are set out here;-

https://gov.wales/rules-foreign-trav...-covid-19-html

So, on this subject at least, my reading is that whether you wanted to blame Welsh and Uk Governments equally would be very much down to the individual as it seems Wales could argue that their rules were more stringent.
    Why does someone always have to be 'to blame'? It is in every facet of life today. The blame culture.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why does someone always have to be 'to blame'? It is in every facet of life today. The blame culture.
    I was trying to answer Vindec’s question, I didn’t know what the rules were in Wales when it came to travel to and from India, so tried to find out, but it doesn’t seem completely straightforward.

Who's fault is that in your opinion?

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Who's fault is that in your opinion?
    Probably the press and lawyers, one trying to sell stories the other odious lot encouraging people to start litigation for everything that goes wrong in their lives.
    Of course it is never ever their own fault for anything. God forbid!!!!

Probably the press and lawyers, one trying to sell stories the other odious lot encouraging people to start litigation for everything that goes wrong in their lives.
    Of course it is never ever their own fault for anything. God forbid!!!!
    Would you say, that press and lawyers, are to blame

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Would you say, that press and lawyers, are to blame
    I could have sworn that this exchange started with me asking why must someone always be to blame? Didn't you read that bit?