In the early 80s the City were struck by a flu bug and had to postpone the first team and Combination games but were unable to call off their Welsh League game, being shorn of players they drafted in a few of us local players. It was a great memory to go to the manager’s office at Ninian Park to sign for the City before the game, Don Murray and Bobby Woodruff were in charge and signed us on, giving us a fiver in an envelope. Don then drove us in a minibus to Ely Rangers’ ground in Wenvoe to play Barry Town. Got beat one nil but Don and Bobby reckoned it was one of side’s best performances of the season, they were so complimentary of our efforts, lovely blokes. Two City players were involved, Andy Dibble was in goal and I played up front with a lad called Robert Sherman alongside me. Richie Morgan was first team manager at the time. Still one of my proudest moment to have the chance to pull on the blue shirt albeit in strange circumstances, thanks Don, Bobby & Richie, lovely, genuine people.