Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
Our fans generally want youth players to come through but won’t give them any time to progress, they have to be instant hits.
I’m not sure that is the case with Tanner, if you watch him closely, he’s decision making is poor, there was a point in the Ipswich game at the Canton end in the dying seconds where he had the ball and decided to take the defender on and lost the ball. They immediately went up the park and thankfully nothing came from it.

Any one with half a brain cell would have either shot at goal, or better still knocked the ball full pelt at the defender to win a throw in and wind the clock down

Tanner lacks any awareness and seems content to hold on to the ball for too long as if he’s undecided what to do, he’s run himself into too many deadends and always runs with his head down.

He’s going to make a living out of the lower leagues so don’t feel too sorry for him

He’s not a Championship level player and if he did turn it around and kicked on happy days I’ll be the first to eat humble pie

I just don’t see it myself