+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niasse

Niasse

Has he re joined Everton.
    Arter, Camarasa and Gunnarsson have all been confirmed as gone but very quiet on Niasse.
    I hope we are not being fooled into taking him ?

Re: Niasse

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Has he re joined Everton.
    Arter, Camarasa and Gunnarsson have all been confirmed as gone but very quiet on Niasse.
    I hope we are not being fooled into taking him ?
    He was available to be selected on Sunday but didn't make the squad I presume. The team on Sunday was our squad for next season (with Gunnar as there was nobody else and it was his farewell).

There were moments in his performances that were reminiscent of Derek Showers. Or is that an insult to DS ?

At least showers scored!

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    At least showers scored!
    Showers rained in goals

Used to watch Derek Showers when he was in the youth team (my mate was the 'keeper (John Williams) from Porthcawl). They used to play home games just down the road from Ninian Park (Coronation Park) and kicked off early when the first team were home. He certainly scored loads of goals in the team that reached the F.A. Youth Cup Final.

And Derek Showers was a whole lot cheaper than Niasse.

He left yesterday but hasn't been able to find Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Used to watch Derek Showers when he was in the youth team (my mate was the 'keeper (John Williams) from Porthcawl). They used to play home games just down the road from Ninian Park (Coronation Park) and kicked off early when the first team were home. He certainly scored loads of goals in the team that reached the F.A. Youth Cup Final.
    If I remember correctly he was half of a ginger duo in the reserves side i.e. with Jimmy McInch.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Showers rained in goals
    I thought he was intermittent and patchy, with a distinct lack of thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought he was intermittent and patchy, with a distinct lack of thunder
    He used to suffer from cloudy outbursts .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If I remember correctly he was half of a ginger duo in the reserves side i.e. with Jimmy McInch.
    yep you got them.

Showers was prolific goal scorer in his youth days known as "Nookie Bear" due to his resemblance to Roger DeCourcey who operated the puppet bear

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    There were moments in his performances that were reminiscent of Derek Showers. Or is that an insult to DS ?
    This is an insult to DANNY Showers.

Did he not score both goals in our 2-0 victory at the Valley, which was at the time the largest ground in England?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Showers rained in goals
    Don't talk wet...

I've come to the conclusion that Niasse has the subtle first touch of a rapist. I hope we've seen the last of him.

Seems like a nice guy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    This is an insult to DANNY Showers.

Did he not score both goals in our 2-0 victory at the Valley, which was at the time the largest ground in England?
    I remember it like it was yesterday. A 2-0 win in our opening fixture (or at least or first away game of the season) August 21st 1976. A blazing hot day too. I really thought we were going to go places after our one season in the old 3rd Division. Reality set in by the time we were murdered 3-0 at home by Cloughie's Forest in the November.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I remember it like it was yesterday. A 2-0 win in our opening fixture (or at least or first away game of the season) August 21st 1976. A blazing hot day too. I really thought we were going to go places after our one season in the old 3rd Division. Reality set in by the time we were murdered 3-0 at home by Cloughie's Forest in the November.....
    Forest passed the ball round us like we were statues for the whole 90 minutes. Remember commenting to a mate that forget about the promotion, this lot could go all the way to the top. I think a fair few who watched that game thought the same..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Forest passed the ball round us like we were statues for the whole 90 minutes. Remember commenting to a mate that forget about the promotion, this lot could go all the way to the top. I think a fair few who watched that game thought the same..
    We beat ‘em away though, and it was a fair old while before they lost at home again.

He left yesterday but hasn't been able to find Liverpool.
    That made me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    e
    I think he scored about 3 or 4 goals in the first few games after barely getting a game in the previous season's promotion team. However the goals dried up and he left for Bournemouth at the end of the season for £5000.

Yes, they were both prolific at youth and reserve level. McInch had a run of 8 games in the League at the start of 1974/75, no goals and we got relegated at the end of the season. He did score one in the League Cup though. He left at the end of that season for the dizzy heights of Bath City.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes, they were both prolific at youth and reserve level. McInch had a run of 8 games in the League at the start of 1974/75, no goals and we got relegated at the end of the season. He did score one in the League Cup though. He left at the end of that season for the dizzy heights of Bath City.
    Bath/Showers !!!! This thread is plumbing the bloody depths!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bath/Showers !!!! This thread is plumbing the bloody depths!!!!!!

He doesn't seem to have developed as a player since coming to the UK; I could write "excellent player except for first touch and final touch" and you wouldn't know which of his seasons I'm talking about. He could do a good job in the Championship or off the bench for a lower Premier League side but not for his wages.