Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Superb write-up. That's a good point you make about Immers stopping Thorne from playing. I remember Ole putting Gunnarsson in that position against Chelsea here, presumably to stop Matic from running the game, but Immers in there is giving us an all-round presence.

Two home wins in a row and I don't want to nit-pick but it's a bit of a worry to me that we're not creating much from open play. While Lawrence did seem to lose a bit of form he was always ready to rotate positions with Immers and Pilkington and get himself in the box, even Whitts was doing it a bit too (the first goal against Brighton, for example) but it's been more rigid since Noone came back. Certainly not complaining about good wins against two teams near us in the league but I wouldn't like to see us become too reliant on set-piece goals, we've only had 12 & 8 shots in those games compared to 25 & 16 in the two home games before that.

Nit-picking, as I said. Plenty of encouraging things about yesterday, on and off the pitch.
That's not nit-picking, that's a good observation that carrys weight.