Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
Of course that's not so and the proof is that once they knew Macs did something about it.

From press reports Yusuf, the artist, was given the space for six months for a nominal fee from the ad agency that owns the advertising rights to the wall. They then extended because of lack of demand for the space due to Covid.
Macs then took the space and I've no doubt knew nothing about the sensitivity of the artwork.
The advertising agency owns the space not Macs. Additionally even though Macs are now paying to have it replaced they had only leased the wall for three weeks and after that the agency has leased it to someone else.
So it could be that it will be wiped again after that time.
I think it's fair that corporate McDonalds would be sensitive to adverse public opinion and their PR department would move swiftly to rectify things which seems to have happened here.

One small anecdote in support of this.

A friend of mine works for an agricultural consultancy. They were commissioned by Mcdonalds to undertake a study of the potential for increasing palm oil extraction in Indonesia. He was given one simple warning though "Do not f*ck with the orang-utang". That is is any of your recommendations or analysis looks like threatening the orang-utangs habitat you are toast as we will not tolerate the adverse publicity.