+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flynn - Next Cardiff manager ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Flynn - Next Cardiff manager ?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    For all of the reasons I have previously mentioned.

Why wouldn't he deserve a chance ? 'Cause he's a manager in L2 ?

You say he failed to get them promoted but I think that when you consider he literally had no money to sign players, getting to the POs is more of a success than a failure. Logic would suggest that if he actually had some money he might be able to achieve even more.

It's obviously a risk. I hope he isn't out of his depth if he comes here. But if you're willing to give the likes of Harris, McCarthy, Trollope and Slade a chance at this level, I don't think it's madness to give MF a chance.

Like you said, he's done well.
    Harris - Promoted from league 1, kept Millwall stable in this league for a couple of years

Mick - Come on, he’s far more experienced and travelled than Flynn will ever be.

Trollope and Slade, didn’t want either of them, Slade couldn’t get promoted from the lower leagues so I don’t know how he ended up getting the job. I’d rather we stay away from appointments like that

Logic wouldn’t suggest he’d work well with more money. Look at Warnock, his best signings were free transfers, the minute he was given money he blew it. Do you honestly think any other championship club would give him a ring? He’s getting another league 2 job, a championship job would be lunacy.

And yes he doesn’t deserve a chance because he’s a league 2 manager. It’s a completely different level to us and he’s failed (yes failed, Morecombe don’t have a pot to piss in either) to get out of there twice. Let another league 2 club have him and we can make a serious appointment when Mick ****s off

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Harris - Promoted from league 1, kept Millwall stable in this league for a couple of years

Mick - Come on, he’s far more experienced and travelled than Flynn will ever be.

Trollope and Slade, didn’t want either of them, Slade couldn’t get promoted from the lower leagues so I don’t know how he ended up getting the job. I’d rather we stay away from appointments like that

Logic wouldn’t suggest he’d work well with more money. Look at Warnock, his best signings were free transfers, the minute he was given money he blew it. Do you honestly think any other championship club would give him a ring? He’s getting another league 2 job, a championship job would be lunacy.

And yes he doesn’t deserve a chance because he’s a league 2 manager. It’s a completely different level to us and he’s failed (yes failed, Morecombe don’t have a pot to piss in either) to get out of there twice. Let another league 2 club have him and we can make a serious appointment when Mick ****s off
    Quite.

When Mick is sacked the club will appoint Hughton. I’m sure of it. Even Pulis is too far gone.

Either that or some really dull, cheap, uninspiring appointment that no one wants, like Harris/Slade etc.

But definitely not something imaginative like an up and coming progressive footballing manager, even, dare I say it, from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Quite.

When Mick is sacked the club will appoint Hughton. I’m sure of it. Even Pulis is too far gone.

Either that or some really dull, cheap, uninspiring appointment that no one wants, like Harris/Slade etc.

But definitely not something imaginative like an up and coming progressive footballing manager, even, dare I say it, from Europe.
    Personally I'd push the boat out for Wilder, failing that look abroad as you said. The club won't show any imagination and will get the cheap option as per usual.

Clubs like Barsnley and Swansea have shown imagination in recent years with their appointments and yet we have fans clamouring for a league 2 manager, it's beyond me.

Personally I'd push the boat out for Wilder, failing that look abroad as you said. The club won't show any imagination and will get the cheap option as per usual.

Clubs like Barsnley and Swansea have shown imagination in recent years with their appointments and yet we have fans clamouring for a league 2 manager, it's beyond me.
    I don’t think anyone in their right mind wants flynn…..one thing for sure I have no faith in our board, failure after failure.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I don’t think anyone in their right mind wants flynn…..one thing for sure I have no faith in our board, failure after failure.
    Whats wrong with Flynn ?

Whats wrong with Flynn ?
    Dunno…remind me where Newport are?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Dunno…remind me where Newport are?
    Are

you

able

to

express

your

views

in

a

clear

and

rational

manner

?

Russell Martin finished 19th in League One and then 13th. Just saying.

Russell Martin finished 19th in League One and then 13th. Just saying.
    I was talking about Potter and Cooper. Potter did a fantastic job in Sweden, Cooper had worked extensively with the English youth teams. Both did well there.

I was talking about Potter and Cooper. Potter did a fantastic job in Sweden, Cooper had worked extensively with the English youth teams. Both did well there.
    The Swedish League. Ok.

The Swedish League. Ok.
    He took a fourth tier Swedish side into the EL knockout stages...

Sorry it's not quite as impressive as failing to get out of league 2.

Swansea brought in Cooper who hadn't managed at championship level and this new fella wasn't that great at his last club..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Swansea brought in Cooper who hadn't managed at championship level and this new fella wasn't that great at his last club..
    Not arsed about Russell Martin, I said earlier on I was talking about Cooper and Potter.

Quite.

I don't think the league or position is always indicative of the quality of a manager

Sean Dyche only got number 1 because Malky left
    Potter was manager of some random Swedish team for years before Swansea
    Dean Smith managed Wallsall for years

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't think the league or position is always indicative of the quality of a manager

Sean Dyche only got number 1 because Malky left
    Potter was manager of some random Swedish team for years before Swansea
    Dean Smith managed Wallsall for years
    But it is a PRETTY strong indicator.

Quite.

Hughton will be too expensive. Although, he's almost a pensioner, so he's the right age.