+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup replays scrapped

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They are I know. I’m just reminiscing about the competitions of my youth, through rose tinted specs as well, no doubt. Perhaps us older fans are lucky in a way that we’ve seen most formats in our day. None of us witnessed the original FA Cup format though, when it was the FA Challenge Trophy. The winners of the previous season were automatically in the final the next season, waiting to be challenged by the team who got through the preceding rounds. Wanderers had to play a series of friendlies to warm waiting to see who they faced in the final TV would be apoplectic nowadays
    Thats mental

Youve probavbly already seen it but if not theres docu drama series called "The English Game" on Netlfix which is a good watch. From 2020.

Mainly about the start of the pro game and the first proffesional players and teams back in the 19th century.

As a football romantic I enjoyed it.

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thats mental

Youve probavbly already seen it but if not theres docu drama series called "The English Game" on Netlfix which is a good watch. From 2020.

Mainly about the start of the pro game and the first proffesional players and teams back in the 19th century.

As a football romantic I enjoyed it.
    Yes, saw ‘The English Game’ a while back, even the BBC missus enjoyed it. I do love football history and admit to being stuck in the past. I can reel off facts from the 1880s to the 1970s much more readily than the 1980s to the present day. The ‘Big Match Revisited’ is a case in point, I easily recognise the players despite them not having their names on their shirts much more than I recognise today’s players.