+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time to drop Ralls and Pack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Time to drop Ralls and Pack

Our best midfield of recent times was Bacuna, Ralls and Vaulks acting as a three with Tomlin coming off bench on 70 minutes to win the game. Bacuna is needed at RB, Pack probably just about offers more than Vaulks and definitely has this year when Vaulks has not produced his best.

Do we have any young players ready to come through in this position? The risk being that they won't get much support from players clearly out of sorts around them but anyone with energy and can play the ball would likely improve things. Something tells me that one such player ended up in Palace's under 23's team this past summer.

Re: Time to drop Ralls and Pack

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Our best midfield of recent times was Bacuna, Ralls and Vaulks acting as a three with Tomlin coming off bench on 70 minutes to win the game. Bacuna is needed at RB, Pack probably just about offers more than Vaulks and definitely has this year when Vaulks has not produced his best.

Do we have any young players ready to come through in this position? The risk being that they won't get much support from players clearly out of sorts around them but anyone with energy and can play the ball would likely improve things. Something tells me that one such player ended up in Palace's under 23's team this past summer.
    With Tomlin's injury, someone like Sion Spence would be handy to have on the bench, but there's also a player on our books who is currently on loan at Weston Super Mare who I'd rate as among the top five at the club in terms of natural talent and technical ability - sadly, I don't believe James Waite will ever get the chance to play at the level his talent merits because he has been deemed not big enough for first team football at the higher levels of the game.