+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No the issue with Tories is that they create a culture that means people like you think there is someone on every street claiming when they shouldn't. That bollocks .

The rate of benefit fraud is less than 1 percent
    Ive seen it with my own eyes, its not that uncommon, I worked on VOG / Cardiff and Bridgend Councils as a Chippy ( Bridgend was only for a few months, the others were for years , so I have hardly been hoodwinked by the Tories to think that, and as it goes at the time of me working for the councils I was voting Labour or Plaid

as a side note, from a quick google

Universal credit accounted for £6bn of the estimated £8.5bn of “overpaid” benefits in 2020-21

Fraud levels in England, Wales and Scotland reached a historic high, with universal credit fraud up five percentage points to nearly 13%

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ive seen it with my own eyes, its not that uncommon, I worked on VOG / Cardiff and Bridgend Councils as a Chippy ( Bridgend was only for a few months, the others were for years , so I have hardly been hoodwinked by the Tories to think that, and as it goes at the time of me working for the councils I was voting Labour or Plaid

Universal credit accounted for £6bn of the estimated £8.5bn of “overpaid” benefits in 2020-21

Fraud levels in England, Wales and Scotland reached a historic high, with universal credit fraud up five percentage points to nearly 13%
    Just to fill out the picture, the value of unclaimed means tested benefits in the UK in the last year is estimated at £15bn

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just to fill out the picture, the value of unclaimed means tested benefits in the UK in the last year is estimated at £15bn
    fair enough, but still doesn't change the fact that people do cheat the system and at close to 13% for UC shows it isn't that uncommon

fair enough, but still doesn't change the fact that people do cheat the system and at close to 13% for UC shows it isn't that uncommon
    So what is your answer?

Careful if you point certain things your labelled as a Tory and your right there is abuse of welfare claim systems someone pointed put thee is only 1% of benefit fraud , well that percentage that has been captured .

One case I know of is someone who decided not to work anymore in her middle 60's ,she voluntary retried from NHS, took pay off/ pension , lives in a household with her working partner ( not married ) mortgage paid for she has recently been diagnosed with fibrous well after leaving work and is fully mobile , she claims benefits (Compassionate Allowances) as does her son who doesn't live there for caring for her , once you enter the benefit scheme other benefits do flow through .