+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: International football: Wembley friendly, 08/10, 8pm. Wales first game of three-match window

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: International football: Wembley friendly, 08/10, 8pm. Wales first game of three-match window

I never thought I'd say this about a Wales v England game, but I'm tempted to watch one of the competitive games involving Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic tonight.

Re: International football: Wembley friendly, 08/10, 8pm. Wales first game of three-match window

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I never thought I'd say this about a Wales v England game, but I'm tempted to watch one of the competitive games involving Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic tonight.
    My thinking as well, will start with N.ireland but might switch.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I with you on this one and I never thought I would say that about this fixture.

The Guardian have labelled it the most pointless fixture ever and with so many of the better players out it really has become a training run out for both sides. I have never seen so much apathy about a game from both sets of supporters.

I expect I will eventually turn to itv to watch but with little enthusiasm and an eye of the more important fixtures that have qualification at stake.

In the short-term, the main thing about this friendly, once UEFA decided there needed to be a three game window, was how easy it must have been to arrange.

We are looking likely to have USA arranged for later in the year after Trump confirmed America turning, back, into Wales so that will be more to look forward to.

In the longer term, it's a big test for some of our younger players or those who haven't had many minutes at international level and maybe a chance to a have a close eye on a side we may see in knockout stages in future tournaments.

Jesus. What were the two defenders doing there?

Great. Now Moore is injured. BALLS!