+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arter to Sheff Utd ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Arter to Sheff Utd ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Seems to like Warnock, I didn't think he would drop down, but I'm begging to think he might, would be great if he did !!!
    I can't see any club with aspirations in the premier league wanting Arter. In my opinion he's quite a poor footballer, his passing is dicey, he makes up for poor positioning and technical ability by running two marathons per game and his anticipation isn't great, i just don't see it with him. When he first came i had no opinion on him, i'd never watched him play. There were some on here thinking that he was a footballer, i think that they had that impression simply because he had played under Howe, either that or they watch a tremendous amount of games and study opposing players . The only thing that i can think is that Arter is a better player when he has players around him who make themselves available very quickly so that he doesn't have time to think or make decisions, as he would have had at Bournemouth, and i'm sure Eddie Howe would've simplified things for Arter in order to get the best out of him, Win the ball and give it to someone else comes to mind. His game is comparable with Robbie Savage, although Savage was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can't see any club with aspirations in the premier league wanting Arter. In my opinion he's quite a poor footballer, his passing is dicey, he makes up for poor positioning and technical ability by running two marathons per game and his anticipation isn't great, i just don't see it with him. When he first came i had no opinion on him, i'd never watched him play. There were some on here thinking that he was a footballer, i think that they had that impression simply because he had played under Howe, either that or they watch a tremendous amount of games and study opposing players . The only thing that i can think is that Arter is a better player when he has players around him who make themselves available very quickly so that he doesn't have time to think or make decisions, as he would have had at Bournemouth, and i'm sure Eddie Howe would've simplified things for Arter in order to get the best out of him, Win the ball and give it to someone else comes to mind. His game is comparable with Robbie Savage, although Savage was better.
    I wouldn't argue with anything you've said there.

According to the 'City passing stats' thread, Arter is our most accurate long and short passer.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    According to the 'City passing stats' thread, Arter is our most accurate long and short passer.
    That's not difficult in this team. Like i said, maybe he's ok at giving the ball simple and allowing better players to be more creative, that way he becomes more effective and the work that he does is appreciated more, or more noticeable. His tackling is woeful, he goes to ground so easily and is late. I can only presume that Eddie Howe simplified the game for him and that Arter knew what his job was. I've focused on him on occasion and i've been perplexed by the amount of fruitless running he does, anyone normal would tell the manager to ****off! I appreciate his work rate but in all honesty i'm buggered if i can quite understand what he is trying to achieve at times.

I think he is very influential to our team and does a lot of hard graft that isn't noticed by your average fan, we were effectively relegated when he was injured and unable to help us during the run in which resulted in some very poor results in winnable games.