+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Very Sad News - Labour MP Jack Dromey dies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Very Sad News

Interesting that there have been zero replies to this thread up to now. Here we have a decent, hard working M.P., respected by politicians of all persuasions, a family man who had no mistresses or expensive flats refurbished at tax payers expense, and held no lavish parties during lockdown. Apparently a boring individual of little interest.

RIP Jack Dromey M.P. Died suddenly and unexpectedly 7th January 2022.

Re: Very Sad News

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Interesting that there have been zero replies to this thread up to now. Here we have a decent, hard working M.P., respected by politicians of all persuasions, a family man who had no mistresses or expensive flats refurbished at tax payers expense, and held no lavish parties during lockdown. Apparently a boring individual of little interest.

RIP Jack Dromey M.P. Died suddenly and unexpectedly 7th January 2022.

I didn't open the thread until just now - the title doesn't give many clues!

Jack Dromey always seemed a decent and respected MP - and one that was willing and able to work with and for Miliband, Corbyn and Starmer - so not big on factionalism.

He didn't really register with me as an MP but I remember him from various T&G/Unite campaigns, and especially the major role he played supporting the Grunwick strikers. I think he wrote a book about the strike?