+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Gento

RIP Gento

The great Real Madrid winger Francisco Gento has passed away at the age of 88

Re: RIP Gento

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    The great Real Madrid winger Francisco Gento has passed away at the age of 88
    I’ve seen a video of Real Madrid’s 7-3 win over Eintracht Frankfurt in the 1960 European Cup Final at Hampden Park and Gento took my eye because he seemed so much quicker than everyone else on the pitch.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve seen a video of Real Madrid’s 7-3 win over Eintracht Frankfurt in the 1960 European Cup Final at Hampden Park and Gento took my eye because he seemed so much quicker than everyone else on the pitch.

RIP
    He was still with Real when we played them in 1970 but I can't remember if he was involved in any of the games.

Always reminded me of a Ronny Bird - type player. Very quick but little else.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    He was still with Real when we played them in 1970 but I can't remember if he was involved in any of the games.
    No, I don't think he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Always reminded me of a Ronny Bird - type player. Very quick but little else.
    ... except SIX European Cups, amongst a load of other silverware.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I don't think he was.
    Correct, didn't play in either game, nor on the bench. It was his last season as a player and he only played a handful of games.