+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I'm not sure if Trump's statements about USA war dead as losers, suckers etc have been proved to be fake news yet, but I hope for his sake they are false otherwise he runs a huge risk of alienating the surviving war veterans and the older generation in general whose fathers served during WW2. From what I remember during my visits to the USA, these "vets" are hugely respected, almost revered, by the American people - witness the number of veteran organisations over there. The Yanks must be amongst the most patriotic people on the planet and war veterans are all about patriotism, so Trump beware!
    Why would you hope for his sake?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why would you hope for his sake?
    I have no time whatsoever for Trump but if these stories turned out to be true, then IMO he has made a very grave error which hopefully could sink his chances come November.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have no time whatsoever for Trump but if these stories turned out to be true, then IMO he has made a very grave error which hopefully could sink his chances come November.
    His followers tend to disbelieve truth if even it hits them in the face. The Covid hoax claims and the subsequent death toll as a result of that idiocy would finish off a leader in most civilised countries. And that's just one grain of sand on a very long beach....
    He's a brilliant salesman for those lacking critical analysis. A billionaire that rednecks support thinking that he has their best interests at heart. As for draining the swamp....