+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: This flight to Rwanda

Re: This flight to Rwanda

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There’s loads of British folk who move abroad, there’s even TV programmes dedicated to them. Got a genteel name for them as well...ex-pats, they don’t mix with the locals, they attempt to create a little UK in the sun.....every time ex-pat is uttered on the box I shout immigrant. I’m wrong though I s’pose, they’re white.

They return to these shores every now and again though for doctor’s appointments or various other NHS things.
    do the brits [whites] abroad get to decide what films are shown in their new country?

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    do the brits [whites] abroad get to decide what films are shown in their new country?
    Do immigrants here get that luxury?

Yep, on the campsites, a different ‘Carry On’ between housey housey sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    When you say moving abroad it probably means the service of a removal company

Your point is?

Your point is?
    The thread is not about expats which you brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do immigrants here get that luxury?
    errr lady of heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Spot on Eric. This "native Brit" thing is utterly vacuous.

Here's a question I always like (apologies for the dates being a tad approximate) - how many people ("native Brits", I suspect, in the parlance of 'Lither') were there at 10,000BCE on the British Isles? The answer is precisely zero. The British Isles were believed to have been completely uninhabitable during the last ice age when the channel froze and vast ice sheets covered northern Europe. So, I'd say there are no "native Brits". It's an utterly vacuous and stupid idea. All British people are, by definition, immigrants.

However, let's carry on with the nutty concept to show how ridiculous it is even if you bend it a little. How many on here have done one of the popular DNA family history tests? And of that tested group, how many had 100% British DNA in their results? The answer is none of course. British DNA is an amazing and diverse mixture drawn from wave upon wave of immigration, conquest and railways (if you don't know the way the advent of railways in the C19th led to a much more diverse gene pool, have a Google).

There is no "native British" race, there is no white race, there is no Welsh race. Surprisingly, there is only one race - human - and we are all equal under the sun whether the numbnuts racists posting on here like it or not.
    Spot on, there is only one race...Homo Sapiens. It might be that people will only eventually realise this when we get to meet an alien life form. All this bickering over skin colour is tedious and unnecessary. We've all got much more to be worried about and we should all stick together to address these issues.

There’s loads of British folk who move abroad, there’s even TV programmes dedicated to them. Got a genteel name for them as well...ex-pats, they don’t mix with the locals, they attempt to create a little UK in the sun.....every time ex-pat is uttered on the box I shout immigrant. I’m wrong though I s’pose, they’re white.

They return to these shores every now and again though for doctor’s appointments or various other NHS things.
    Every country has ex-pats, its not a British thing, the Chinese have " China town " in various cities around the world

When I Lived in Sydney, you had communities of ex-pats from various countries, I was involved in the Lebanese community as I was dating the daughter of a Lebanese immigrant, it was very tight knit, the older generation refused to speak to me, would often abuse me in arabic, it was funny, I would be abused by them for being white and she was abused by Australians for not being white still makes me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    I would be interested to know if posters think there should be limit to what the UK can take in. Or should we just say balls to it lets just ferry everyone in who wants to be British.
    In all the threads like this, I've never seen anyone who thinks there should be no border or immigration policy. Nobody thinks we should let absolutely anybody in.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Anyone who wants my spot on the "British" roster can have it. I couldn't wait to become an American and leave all the Eton Rifles, queen-loving, corrupt, hubristic, nationalistic BS.
    and yet everyone from africa and the middle east wants to be 'british' perhaps they love their queen and their trifles

First Team

and yet everyone from africa and the middle east wants to be 'british' perhaps they love their queen and their trifles
    I'd place a large wager that more Africans want to come to the US than the UK.

It's a long time since I thought of Enoch Powell.

Yes, all 1.6 billion people in Africa and the Middle East want to be British. Honestly what planet do you live on

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yes, all 1.6 billion people in Africa and the Middle East want to be British. Honestly what planet do you live on
    I’ve heard that he’s spoken to every one of them!

I'm amazed that this thread has descended into:

1 - some actual racism
    2 - lots of accusations of racism
    3 - zero solutions

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

1 - some actual racism
    3 - zero solutions
    Conveniently ignoring my ingenious Iceland suggestion. Tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Conveniently ignoring my ingenious Iceland suggestion. Tsk tsk
    Ice tand corrected!

Ice tand corrected!
    That's a deporting offence on it's own!

1 - some actual racism
    3 - zero solutions
    One solution. Lengthy jail terms for anyone employing illegal immigrants for cheap labour and take assets.

As for proper immigration why not get them to do the jobs we need. Transport is in chaos due to understaffing. Same with the NHS etc.

1 - some actual racism
    3 - zero solutions
    solution :

setup a British centre in Calais where people can apply for asylum before they cross the border, and if it is granted arrange safe transport for them.

1 - some actual racism
    3 - zero solutions
    Maybe properly establish it's actually a problem that needs a solution. Given this ill thought through plan, its seems clear to me that it's not a massive concern, they just needed a few column inches to keep people like you happy so hatched this sh1t show.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Maybe properly establish it's actually a problem that needs a solution. Given this ill thought through plan, its seems clear to me that it's not a massive concern, they just needed a few column inches to keep people like you happy so hatched this sh1t show.
    Two by elections this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    solution :

setup a British centre in Calais where people can apply for asylum before they cross the border, and if it is granted arrange safe transport for them.
    Does Macron support this? What if those who fail or are tired of waiting still sail to the UK anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Shocking as it may seem, but different people have different concerns, and are capable of thinking about more than one thing at once. I think it's reasonable to object to what's been happening tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    yes sorry mr box the bbc article said only 52% wanted to leave