Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
I am not sure you have the play-offs bit quite right, but I don't understand it so might be wrong.

4 games which decide seeding for Euro qualifiers. 20 euro qualifiers with top 2 from each group going through automatically and 4 remaining teams decided by winner of playoffs from Nations League. Longer term there is promotion and relegation and a winner of Nations League - the latter seeming quite unimportant.

- Am I right in saying play-offs are 2 games only? Does that mean 1 game only in semi and 1 game in final?
- Am I right in saying that there needs to be 4 teams in each play-offs? I expect all but maybe 2 of teams in Nations league A to qualify so remaining 2 go into play-off and 2 others come from Nations League B? Who then makes up 2 remaining teams in B play-off?

Apparently, teams like Georgia (not great history but currently doing well) will have a better chance of tournament football than usual but not sure how play-offs work otherwise.

Basically we have to win all our games until things become clearer!
You have to laugh. I don’t know any football fan who is absolutely certain of how this all works. There are definitely four teams in the play offs from each group. So if we beat Denmark we will be in a play off semi final against one of three other group winners from group B. I am pretty certain the semi finals will be two legged. No idea about the fina.