+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bale to Spurs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bale to Spurs?

Bale's calf injury is the same problem that I have. The problem is he built his game around blistering pace and explosive power off the mark. This type of calf injury does not lend itself well to this kind of explosive power/change of direction. I've a sad sad feeling that this will be one of the last seasons that we see Bale at the top level. I can't see how he can recover from this injury and the massive amount of time without regular football.

This latest rumour smacks of Mourinho needing someone to bail him out after an indifferent season last year just scraping into the Europa league and Spurs' poor start to the season.

We don't know if these injuries he has allegedly been picking up are serious or not as there has been some funny goings on between him and the hierarchy at RM for quite a while but if Spurs could get the contract right Bale could be JM's saviour.
    Personally I wouldn't give Jose the money required, but then again I wouldn't have hired him in the first place!

Agree with all the negative comments about pace and age.
    However, Bale has a good few years ahead of him provided he alters his game.
    He is still good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Bale's calf injury is the same problem that I have. The problem is he built his game around blistering pace and explosive power off the mark. This type of calf injury does not lend itself well to this kind of explosive power/change of direction. I've a sad sad feeling that this will be one of the last seasons that we see Bale at the top level. I can't see how he can recover from this injury and the massive amount of time without regular football.
    Bang on mate. That injury has done him, it's a nasty one as they take an age to recover from, and when you do the muscle doesn't feel the same when you extend yourself. Bale is certainly aware of this, he's much more conservative than he was before and he wont go at it like a 200m runner as his muscle will tear. There are similarities with Michael Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bang on mate. That injury has done him, it's a nasty one as they take an age to recover from, and when you do the muscle doesn't feel the same when you extend yourself. Bale is certainly aware of this, he's much more conservative than he was before and he wont go at it like a 200m runner as his muscle will tear. There are similarities with Michael Owen.
    As long as he can still do a bicycle kick that sees us promoted and relegates Swansea in two years I’m fine with it