+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cancel culture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cancel culture

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

It does go on and people are definitely fearful of voicing their opinions in front of many 'liberals' in much the same way that others are in front of some conservatives, especially in the past. I have a friend at BBC radio Wales who strongly stated this was the case there. You just have to toe the line to the prevailing elite.
    Is this the same prevailing elite who have been in government for the last decade and own the vast majority of the press or are we talking about the imaginary one again ?

This reads an awful lot like 'if I said my offensive thoughts out loud someone may call me out on it'. There was a time when keeping your horrible little thoughts to yourself in wider company was just called being polite. For all the talk of 'snowflakes' and 'karens' the poor oppressed rightwing are rather prone to screaming they've been 'cancelled' in every paper and TV show available if someone on twitter dares points out they've said something offensive.

Good work Croesy for talking sense in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Is this the same prevailing elite who have been in government for the last decade and own the vast majority of the press or are we talking about the imaginary one again ?

This reads an awful lot like 'if I said my offensive thoughts out loud someone may call me out on it'. There was a time when keeping your horrible little thoughts to yourself in wider company was just called being polite. For all the talk of 'snowflakes' and 'karens' the poor oppressed rightwing are rather prone to screaming they've been 'cancelled' in every paper and TV show available if someone on twitter dares points out they've said something offensive.

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Your examples of Cancel culture were Jim Davidson, chubby brown and Louis ck.

What else am I asking Louis ck about?

Have you been to university? It’s about 0.01% of the whole student base involved in these groups protesting. ****ing busy bodies who go into student politics then real politics. People need some perspective, it’s “political correctness gone mad” all over again ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post

Unless it impacts you.

This all stemmed from a trans-gender debate that women didn't feel safe in certain situations with someone that biologically was born a man, or however you interpret it. That's a feeling I can't comprehend so I can't say if it's fair.

I think the conversation is allowed to be had without being called out straight away.

But agree - In the main, just keep your thoughts to yourself