+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

Whilst cardiff city has never suffered the endemic racist abuse dished out by the likes of leeds millwall and birmingham city in the past , we have had isolated racist abuse at cardiff city

You are just a town full of pakis ......at bradford city and Oldham fans , a city fan arrested at Scarborough for spitting on a black player , the black cambridge united captain getting the monkey chants in our seven two home defeat , bananas thrown at alex William's the black manchester city keeper

In recent years racial abuse is hardly ever heard at cardiff but there are one or two idiots

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Whilst cardiff city has never suffered the endemic racist abuse dished out by the likes of leeds millwall and birmingham city in the past , we have had isolated racist abuse at cardiff city

You are just a town full of pakis ......at bradford city and Oldham fans , a city fan arrested at Scarborough for spitting on a black player , the black cambridge united captain getting the monkey chants in our seven two home defeat , bananas thrown at alex William's the black manchester city keeper

In recent years racial abuse is hardly ever heard at cardiff but there are one or two idiots
    Birmingham has a massive multi cultural fan base. Their hooligan element was also multi cultural.

My cousin used to play for them in the 90s and I went to a lot of their games home and away and whilst their fans had a reputation for trouble, same as ours, endemic racial abuse was certainly not something I would associate Birmingham City with.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Birmingham has a massive multi cultural fan base. Their hooligan element was also multi cultural.

My cousin used to play for them in the 90s and I went to a lot of their games home and away and whilst their fans had a reputation for trouble, same as ours, endemic racial abuse was certainly not something I would associate Birmingham City with.
    I don't know where Sludge is getting his idea that Birmingham is/was a racist club - he couldn't be any further from the truth, for reasons that you pointed out in your first paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

My father was a blues fan before I converted him to the city

Whilst like cardiff , birmingham has a multicultural support , the football club in the 80s and 90s had a terrible reputation for racism , leeds is also a multicultural city but had similar problems

Birmingham city has always been the football club of the white working class in the city , Aston villa the more multicultural

Birmingham city is based in small heath , a large Asian area of the city , birmingham do not have a big Asian following , they do have a black following some of whom sadly took over the zulus hooligan gang but most of Birmingham's black community have aston villa as their club , hardly surprising when you think of the proximity of handsworth , aston and lozells to villa park

My father was a blues fan before I converted him to the city

Whilst like cardiff , birmingham has a multicultural support , the football club in the 80s and 90s had a terrible reputation for racism , leeds is also a multicultural city but had similar problems

Birmingham city has always been the football club of the white working class in the city , Aston villa the more multicultural

Birmingham city is based in small heath , a large Asian area of the city , birmingham do not have a big Asian following , they do have a black following some of whom sadly took over the zulus hooligan gang but most of Birmingham's black community have aston villa as their club , hardly surprising when you think of the proximity of handsworth , aston and lozells to villa park
    There's a huge difference - Leeds might be a multi-cultural city, however, they have never had a multi-cultural following; perhaps they were deemed to have a racist element amongst them. Birmingham City, on the other hand, have had a large black following for many years. If you'd ever seen their away support in particular, you'd have noticed how they all mix without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    There's a huge difference - Leeds might be a multi-cultural city, however, they have never had a multi-cultural following; perhaps they were deemed to have a racist element amongst them. Birmingham City, on the other hand, have had a large black following for many years. If you'd ever seen their away support in particular, you'd have noticed how they all mix without problems.
    I am afraid you are incorrect , the Birmingham hooligan gang , the zulus , was notoriously racist up until the min 1990s when the gang was taken over by the local afro Caribbean nutters

I have seen their away support many times , my father was born and brought up in small heath he was a birmingham city fan before I made him see sense , it's not as multi cultural as a club with Birmingham's demographic should be

Mind you , nor is Cardiff's , if we are being honest

I am afraid you are incorrect , the Birmingham hooligan gang , the zulus , was notoriously racist up until the min 1990s when the gang was taken over by the local afro Caribbean nutters

I have seen their away support many times , my father was born and brought up in small heath he was a birmingham city fan before I made him see sense , it's not as multi cultural as a club with Birmingham's demographic should be

Mind you , nor is Cardiff's , if we are being honest
    I'd say that's because a sizeable chunk (maybe even a majority) of Cardiff's support aren't from Cardiff but from the surrounding, whiter areas