+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good luck selling season tickets after that display

Re: Good luck selling season tickets after that display

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we will have to agree to disagree then, as I think give it a week or 2 and no-one will really care, people might know a jack, they might get a bit of stick, , its a game of football, we move on, with what's happening in the world at the mo, it has got to put it into perspective
    For me I'd agree, I don't know any swans fans personally.

But there will be many fans between here and Swansea in towns that have decent fan bases for both clubs. It's banter of course but I'd imagine going into work Monday won't be pleasant for them.

It's a more painful version of the West brom (add in few other similar performances) humiliation, part because its Swansea, part because although we at times don't resort to hoofing we are still extremely limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    For me I'd agree, I don't know any swans fans personally.

But there will be many fans between here and Swansea in towns that have decent fan bases for both clubs. It's banter of course but I'd imagine going into work Monday won't be pleasant for them.

It's a more painful version of the West brom (add in few other similar performances) humiliation, part because its Swansea, part because although we at times don't resort to hoofing we are still extremely limited.
    It's worse than West brom as that was mick picking 5 centre backs and was clear he had lost the plot. That felt more solvable.

This felt pretty much our best team and our best effort-and that's what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    It's worse than West brom as that was mick picking 5 centre backs and was clear he had lost the plot. That felt more solvable.

This felt pretty much our best team and our best effort-and that's what we got.
    I felt quite confident before kick off. I thought that, with our pace up front, our intensity when we press, and with Doyle and Drameh linking up so well, we'd make life uncomfortable for them. Instead we had no intensity or pace. We didn't press or tackle. We gave them fluffy dressing gowns to wear, lovely slippers and a pipe and invited them to take over the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I felt quite confident before kick off. I thought that, with our pace up front, our intensity when we press, and with Doyle and Drameh linking up so well, we'd make life uncomfortable for them. Instead we had no intensity or pace. We didn't press or tackle. We gave them fluffy dressing gowns to wear, lovely slippers and a pipe and invited them to take over the pitch.
    When I seen the team I thought maybe Davies should have started but at the same time thought maybe Harris could do the work for Davies to come on and stretch the game. Clearly that went out the window with the early goal.

We just didn’t get it right sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    When I seen the team I thought maybe Davies should have started but at the same time thought maybe Harris could do the work for Davies to come on and stretch the game. Clearly that went out the window with the early goal.

I was glad to see Harris start. I thought he would run their defence more ragged than Davies, put in the donkey work for Davies and Colwill to profit from.

However, he never got the chance to run them ragged.

Doyle was pathetic today, more interested in putting on a hard man act than actually playing football

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I'll be there - a clubs for life not just derby results

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What after today? As horrific as it was there's a fair few competing performances this sesson, probably even one or two that surpass this for shitness.

Double defeats to Wurzels and Swansea though.

Of course there are more important things.
    We've been shit for a number of years, why should I partially continue to fund players who enjoy lavish lifestyles when they don't give a shit about the club.

Fans had their toshack moment in the 70s, this is mine.

Spending time with my little girl and fishing from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Don't be daft this result is the most humiliating result in CCFC history
    What a load of absolute b******s.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    People struggling with energy prices and general cost of living. £450 to watch that shower of shite or pay a gas bill, they can get ****ed
    I would respectfully suggest that you move to a cheaper part of the ground then. You can get an adult season ticket for around £250 in the Canton or Ninian.

Bloody hell, there are some toys going miles out of the pram in this thread. I think some people need to grow up.

I was glad to see Harris start. I thought he would run their defence more ragged than Davies, put in the donkey work for Davies and Colwill to profit from.

However, he never got the chance to run them ragged.
    Harris is unfortunately not a top half championship striker. He would do better in league one or two. If we have aspirations to challenge the top six then he has to go. Cant hold the ball up or distribute and blindly takes shots when team mates are in better positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I'll be there - a clubs for life not just derby results

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thirded, well put dml1954 and Nobody’s Rep.

Bloody hell, there are some toys going miles out of the pram in this thread. I think some people need to grow up.
    I know you’re just trying to be the usual attention seeking and get a bite but after nearly 50 years of following Cardiff city that was one of the worst defeats I’ve witnessed in terms of the performance and against our biggest rivals so I think some “toy throwing” is very much entitled on here.

I'm over it already

People are fickle if we go on a good run or make some decent signings, especially a Bale.

If Morison builds a team, they will come.
    IF

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we will have to agree to disagree then, as I think give it a week or 2 and no-one will really care, people might know a jack, they might get a bit of stick, , its a game of football, we move on, with what's happening in the world at the mo, it has got to put it into perspective
    4-0 at home to the peg sellers is as bad as it gets. if that does not hurt you then nothing will.

I couldn't even finish my post match drink. I just wanted to get home.

it was a farce of a shambles.

our starting eleven was probably as good as we could have put out. the fact is we were utterly woeful just abut everywhere, except for Drameh

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I know you’re just trying to be the usual attention seeking and get a bite but after nearly 50 years of following Cardiff city that was one of the worst defeats I’ve witnessed in terms of the performance and against our biggest rivals so I think some “toy throwing” is very much entitled on here.
    I sat in my seat very disappointed and upset with the result at the end of the game but also disgusted with the attitude of some of our so called fans who had been shouting abuse at the manager and players for most of the second half and couldn't even be bothered to stay in the ground after 70 minutes. I would suggest that them (and you) take a look at the league table when Morison took over as full manager - we have got 31 points from 22 games since and back in November were in 20th place, three points above the bottom three. We are now 17 points above. That has been achieved with a number of inexperienced academy prospects, a couple of shrewd loans and basically the squad that was here at the beginning of the season and got us in to trouble in the first place. Those are not grounds for calling for the managers head and abuse. Anyone who does that needs to learn to ‘man up’ and take the defeat.

Taking yesterday's result out of the equation and focusing on season ticket sales I think our club, and every EFL club, needs to consider how easy it is to watch any game legally online provided it doesn't fall between the protected time of 3pm to 5pm Saturday.

A season ticket option which allows for attending and online viewing would be a good way of maintaining income whilst allowing supporters the choice to travel to the ground or not to watch the game.

I sat in my seat very disappointed and upset with the result at the end of the game but also disgusted with the attitude of some of our so called fans who had been shouting abuse at the manager and players for most of the second half and couldn't even be bothered to stay in the ground after 70 minutes. I would suggest that them (and you) take a look at the league table when Morison took over as full manager - we have got 31 points from 22 games since and back in November were in 20th place, three points above the bottom three. We are now 17 points above. That has been achieved with a number of inexperienced academy prospects, a couple of shrewd loans and basically the squad that was here at the beginning of the season and got us in to trouble in the first place. Those are not grounds for calling for the managers head and abuse. Anyone who does that needs to learn to ‘man up’ and take the defeat.
    perhaps the shouting was born out of frustration of the inept performance right in front of them. Why do you think fans should not be able to criticise and vent their anger? That's a rather odd position to adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    4-0 at home to the peg sellers is as bad as it gets. if that does not hurt you then nothing will.

I couldn't even finish my post match drink. I just wanted to get home.

it was a farce of a shambles.
    No, it was a good example of a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    perhaps the shouting was born out of frustration of the inept performance right in front of them. Why do you think fans should not be able to criticise and vent their anger? That's a rather odd position to adopt.
    As you probably well know, there is a big difference between criticising (or showing anger) and shouting vile personal abuse, particularly at young players or the manager. It could finish a young players career before it started. How you you feel if Steve Morison came up to you in the street and shouted vile abuse about you and your family straight in your face ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why does it take so long to get into the stadium this season whenever there is a decent crowd? It's happened for Wales games and again today. There were hundreds of people in a slow-moving queue outside gate 3 at kick-off. Eventually the stewards let anyone with a season-ticket card enter through gate 2, but we were already 1-0 down by the time I got to my seat. This didn't happen in 2018/19 when we had crowds of over 30,000 for pretty much every game.
    I guess it's because people turn up at the last minute.