Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
"Why didn't God save him, you may ask..."

Not really, as I was more interested in why your God chose to create this planet and allow millions of innocent children to suffer as a result.

I've never seen anybody explain this in a way other than "it is what it is" basically. You have done the same.

I've read The Bible by the way (well, the Old Testament anyway... The New Testament didn't have the enough theatrics to keep me entertained). I couldn't find the answers to why innocent children suffer as a consequence of simply being born... Which chapter and verse will provide that answer?
There was a programme about Sandhurst on several years ago where one training officer described that (wording changed due to i) lack of miliarty knowledge and ii) years since it was on but to give the gist of it) everyone ends up praying in the trenches.

If religion is used to provide reasonable comfort to the innocent child, as opposed to delusional hope or telling them they suffer because they hadn't said enough prayers, what is the harm? They may even become a morally stronger person, more charitable/kinder person because of it. Just means that roads are slightly busier on a Sunday morning and at other points in the week/year.