+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Squad for next season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Squad for next season

I hope the club re-sign Smithies, Morrison and Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    depending on wages, I can see the merit in that

First Team

Face it folks, if we don't get relegated this year, we're nailed on certs for next. Unless of course Uncle Vinny gets his mojo back.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Face it folks, if we don't get relegated this year, we're nailed on certs for next. Unless of course Uncle Vinny gets his mojo back.
    there will be plenty of good frees available, we could be good, or absolutely terrible

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ralls, Smithies and one of Morrison/Flint. I'd probably lean towards Morrison cos he's Morrison, if that makes sense. He's a leader, captain, keeps everyone in line, is well liked. They don't grow on trees. However, we can't keep someone cos he's a good bloke, so he needs to get back to his best sooner rather than later.

The rest, hard pass. We could be freeing up about 150k a week.

It looks to me like Morrison's body has succumbed to the many knocks and injuries he has sustained over his career. He's not as imposing as he once was, which was a massive part of his game. He was always slow but a decent athlete for a big man, i don't think that he can play in the manner he once did, and he knows it judging on the way he plays now. I wouldn't keep him.

Ralls is a tricky one for me, he does offer more than the rest but that isn't really saying much. It could be argued that what Ralls does well could be enhanced with players around him who can create space which may give him more options and more time. Who knows!