+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Harry Wilson - Speculation thread

Re: Harry Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don’t think that’s too bad.
    I disagree with these loan fees but accepting they are inevitable these days it is pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don’t think that’s too bad.
    The Mail Online is claiming that the loan fee demanded by Liverpool is £3m (which is certainly 'well in excess' of £1m) and with penalty payments if he doesn't play a minimum number of games - which is what was widely reported for the Grujic loan, and most other loan deals involving Liverpool players. If that is correct (?) it is no wonder that Derby backed out.

I don't want to disable my Adblocker (even for a short time) so can't copy a link but from what I can see of the Mail Online at 5.00am UK time seems to be indicating that 'Harry Wilson set for Cardiff season-long loan'. It certainly does indicate the deal is near 3million and that the player is in talks with Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I don't want to disable my Adblocker (even for a short time) so can't copy a link but from what I can see of the Mail Online at 5.00am UK time seems to be indicating that 'Harry Wilson set for Cardiff season-long loan'. It certainly does indicate the deal is near 3million and that the player is in talks with Cardiff.
    Odds of 1/5 would suggest it's more than likely.

News outlets reporting that we are paying over 3 million loan fee.

I can't see that at all.

I would baulk at £1million loan fee.

Swansea are in for Palmer at Bristol, who is no Wilson, but would certainly be a good signing and significantly better value than Wilson if he costs us £3 million loan fee.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    News outlets reporting that we are paying over 3 million loan fee.

I can't see that at all.

I would baulk at £1million loan fee.

Swansea are in for Palmer at Bristol, who is no Wilson, but would certainly be a good signing and significantly better value than Wilson if he costs us £3 million loan fee.
    I don't think our supporters have the appetite for yet another Bristol City signing, regardless of their quality.

That figure may reflect the loan and his salary.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    where’s ccfcwelshlad when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I don't think our supporters have the appetite for yet another Bristol City signing, regardless of their quality.
    Haha. That's true.

I thought Wilson was pretty poor in the last two Wales matches. I say that not because I don't want him here (I think he is, at least, a good Championship level player), but more from the point of view that some of our fans' very high expectations of him may not be met.

Also, if it is true that there is a loan fee pf £3 million to be paid for the player, wouldn't that be more than we would probably have to pay to sign Woodrow permanently?

With Wilson, the only way I can see him signing for us permanently is if we were to go up this season and there has been little so far to suggest that is going to happen. With Woodrow there would be the possibility that we could sell him at a profit if he played to his potential for us.

Of course, the possibility that we have Woodrow and Wilson on our books by this time tomorrow cannot be discounted, but I would have thought there would have to be one or maybe two significant departures from the first team squad today for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I'm like you when it comes to disabling ad blocker, so I've not read the story either, but the Mail is one of the most reliable papers out there when it comes to football transfer stories.

Dunno how reliable this site is, but it's saying Wilson is in Cardiff for a medical.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/h...cal-liverpool/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dunno how reliable this site is, but it's saying Wilson is in Cardiff for a medical.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/statu...919415296?s=21

Paul Joyce saying it’s done, so it’s done.

I thought Wilson was pretty poor in the last two Wales matches. I say that not because I don't want him here (I think he is, at least, a good Championship level player), but more from the point of view that some of our fans' very high expectations of him may not be met.

Also, if it is true that there is a loan fee pf £3 million to be paid for the player, wouldn't that be more than we would probably have to pay to sign Woodrow permanently?

With Wilson, the only way I can see him signing for us permanently is if we were to go up this season and there has been little so far to suggest that is going to happen. With Woodrow there would be the possibility that we could sell him at a profit if he played to his potential for us.

Of course, the possibility that we have Woodrow and Wilson on our books by this time tomorrow cannot be discounted, but I would have thought there would have to be one or maybe two significant departures from the first team squad today for that to happen.
    I'm hoping that his last few Wales performances have been down to a lack of game time so far this season rather than a lack of quality. When he's had regular games under his bet at this level he's been quality and the exact thing that we've been missing, I'm looking forward to this coming off.

Id be pissed off if we pay any sort of loan fee to them. They can feck off.

I wonder if it's a case of staying in the game until deadline day, at which point the fee might be different

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Is that a yes or a no ??

It's going to take him a month or two to get up to speed but a very good player at championship level with still room to grow if we get an unlikely promotion.

We're told we're looking at two players and could still end up with no one. Trouble is, I think we're two players away from being as good as last year when, despite finishing fifth, we squeezed into the play-offs. Are the standards of last year good enough to get back into play-offs this year?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's going to take him a month or two to get up to speed but a very good player at championship level with still room to grow if we get an unlikely promotion.

We're told we're looking at two players and could still end up with no one. Trouble is, I think we're two players away from being as good as last year when, despite finishing fifth, we squeezed into the play-offs. Are the standards of last year good enough to get back into play-offs this year?
    I think we are a side that could finish anywhere between 5th and 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if it's a case of staying in the game until deadline day, at which point the fee might be different
    James Pearce in the Athletic saying we've paid £1m and are covering his wages. I'm very excited though, he's a Premier League talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    James Pearce in the Athletic saying we've paid £1m and are covering his wages. I'm very excited though, he's a Premier League talent.
    https://www.sportekz.com/football/li...yers-salaries/

This dubious link suggests he's on 60k - I can't imagine we'd be prepared to pay that much.
    It's probably not correct though is it?

We are interested in him too but seeing the same as you. Cardiff medical. A very good loan signing and the loan fee is fair

Sky Sports breaking news headline is Liverpool agree 1.2m loan move with Cardiff.

I'm tired of worrying or thinking too much in terms of the clubs finances, do enough of that balancing at home. So as a supporter of Cardiff City I think that would be a terrific signing, just what we need.