+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Rashford

Re: Marcus Rashford

Lovely man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Some people on social media REALLY don't like him though.
    And what do those people offer the world

What shall we spend money on?

Thousands of pounds on a water cannon which can't be used legally in the UK - yes.
    A billion pound bribe to the DUP - yes.
    Millions of pounds to different companies who have not produced PPE previously, who cannot produce PPE to required standards - yes.

Feeding hungry children during a pandemic? There is no magic money tree, sorry.

the disappointing thing is that we even need to have MR doing this, how did a 1st world country get to such a stage where kids are going hungry

First Team

Rashford has more integrity and social awareness than this entire government put together.
    The current administration should be ashamed over the vote on the funding of school meals.

Where does this fit in with the priorities of Homelessness, NHS funding, Housing and feeding Asylum Seekers, Mental Health Funding, Covid Bail Outs, Police Reform, Smaller Classes, Cutting Carbon Emissions, Foreign Aid Budget?

Great to see a local MP sticking to his guns and voting against the bill in Alun Cairns. This the same bloke who recently claimed MP expenses for buying the Sunday Sun, Sunday Telegraph, The Mail on Sunday, Daily Telegraph, The Sun and The Daily Mail.

Wonder if he’s sabotaged any rape cases recently?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    why should people have to like him ?
    They don’t. You’ve got to admire his stance and passion for supporting that cause though?

If he’s been shagging your missus, then I get your apparent dislike to him?

What is there not to like about Marcus Rashford? Among his many talents is, as far as I'm aware, maintaining a neutrality when it comes to party politics which shames so many of his elders, myself included.

I can think of three groups of people who would have an issue with Rashford - first, those who think he is making life awkward for the UK Government, second rabid anti Man United fans and third people who don't like the colour of his skin.

On the first of those, I'll try to emulate Marcus Rashford, by not getting party political and observe that it is incredibly bad politics for any party to have got themselves into a position where they are seen, rightly or wrongly, to have denied children of the poorest families the chance of free meals. The implication of voting the way so many did this week is that they think Rashford's campaign is wrong and the overwhelming majority of the country appear to disagree with that view - as I say, incredibly bad politics.

It’s not a question of like or dislike, it’s the fact he deserves admiration for not forgetting his roots and his determination to help underprivileged children.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Great to see a local MP sticking to his guns and voting against the bill in Alun Cairns. This the same bloke who recently claimed MP expenses for buying the Sunday Sun, Sunday Telegraph, The Mail on Sunday, Daily Telegraph, The Sun and The Daily Mail.

Wonder if he’s sabotaged any rape cases recently?
    as expense claims go that sounds pretty reasonable to me

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Where does this fit in with the priorities of Homelessness, NHS funding, Housing and feeding Asylum Seekers, Mental Health Funding, Covid Bail Outs, Police Reform, Smaller Classes, Cutting Carbon Emissions, Foreign Aid Budget?
    All of those should be a priority But for the Tories they are not and never will be, sadly.

And if each of those issues had a Marcus Rashford they would be higher priorities and higher up in the public discourse.

The reason why school meals is Rashfords issue is that he was a recipient of free school meals therefore personally passionate about the issue.
    I also received free school meals for a time when my parents were struggling to pay the bills during the mid 80s. They worked hard and didn't waste money, but times were tough. I find some of the comments and attacks on parents on twitter appalling. Yes some parents are negligent but they are the exception not the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What is there not to like about Marcus Rashford? Among his many talents is, as far as I'm aware, maintaining a neutrality when it comes to party politics which shames so many of his elders, myself included.

I can think of three groups of people who would have an issue with Rashford - first, those who think he is making life awkward for the UK Government, second rabid anti Man United fans and third people who don't like the colour of his skin.

On the first of those, I'll try to emulate Marcus Rashford, by not getting party political and observe that it is incredibly bad politics for any party to have got themselves into a position where they are seen, rightly or wrongly, to have denied children of the poorest families the chance of free meals. The implication of voting the way so many did this week is that they think Rashford's campaign is wrong and the overwhelming majority of the country appear to disagree with that view - as I say, incredibly bad politics.
    I certainly don't fit into any of those categories you elude to. Campaigns brought to mainstream attention via a celebrity are always going to put any government on a hiding to nothing, whatever the merits of the case. The govt. gave him an MBE within what seemed like days, yet Jimmy Greaves, arguably the best ever goalscorer in English football and is 80+ and very poorly, gets sweet F.all

I certainly don't fit into any of those categories you elude to. Campaigns brought to mainstream attention via a celebrity are always going to put any government on a hiding to nothing, whatever the merits of the case. The govt. gave him an MBE within what seemed like days, yet Jimmy Greaves, arguably the best ever goalscorer in English football and is 80+ and very poorly, gets sweet F.all
    Got to be honest, wasn't expecting to see the Tories get bashed for that as well. Can't catch a break, can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    as expense claims go that sounds pretty reasonable to me
    I'm assuming the narcissistic twaat was in the papers on those weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Got to be honest, wasn't expecting to see the Tories get bashed for that as well. Can't catch a break, can they?
    I said the same to Lord Evgeny Lebedev just the other day.

The fact that your contribution to a thread about how Marcus Rashford is a good person for trying to help underprivileged kids is how unfair it is that Jimmy Greaves didn't get an MBE is pretty mad tbh

I can only think some people dislike the public admiration of this young man because they hate the piss poor government of their choice being shown up for it's callousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I can only think some people dislike the public admiration of this young man because they hate the piss poor government of their choice being shown up for it's callousness.
    You’re being unfair on the likes of Quiet Monkfish there. I’ve no doubt a mature adult would be able to acknowledge the cruelty and unfairness of the governments policy, which leads me to the conclusion he’s happy with the fact that kids will be going hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You’re being unfair on the likes of Quiet Monkfish there. I’ve no doubt a mature adult would be able to acknowledge the cruelty and unfairness of the governments policy, which leads me to the conclusion he’s happy with the fact that kids will be going hungry.
    Rob is there anywhere in town that’s accepting Xmas presents for under privelaged children? Do the food bank take Xmas presents? Me and the missus have decided to spend a bit less on the girls this year and buy a few gifts for the poor. I got to be honest it’s the likes of Marcus Rashford that have made me think more of doing this kind of thing. How anyone could dislike him for trying to do his best to feed hungry children is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What shall we spend money on?

Thousands of pounds on a water cannon which can't be used legally in the UK - yes.
    A billion pound bribe to the DUP - yes.
    Millions of pounds to different companies who have not produced PPE previously, who cannot produce PPE to required standards - yes.

Feeding hungry children during a pandemic? There is no magic money tree, sorry.
    And the Garden Bridge - £43m of public money spaffed against the wall!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rob is there anywhere in town that’s accepting Xmas presents for under privelaged children? Do the food bank take Xmas presents? Me and the missus have decided to spend a bit less on the girls this year and buy a few gifts for the poor. I got to be honest it’s the likes of Marcus Rashford that have made me think more of doing this kind of thing. How anyone could dislike him for trying to do his best to feed hungry children is mind boggling.
    There'll be a number of shoe box appeals about and I'd imagine collection points in Merthyr with Samaritans and Salvation Army do the national ones. The council usually have a scheme to although I'm not sure how the pandemic has affected that? Always a decent cause and I'm no lover of the happy clapper brigades.

Perhaps I'm being a little facetious about people wanting kids to go hungry. I cant believe anyone would be that big of a cuunt. Apart from 320 Tory MPs who obviously are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Where does this fit in with the priorities of Homelessness (Juan Mata), NHS funding(Chris Smalling), Housing and feeding Asylum Seekers (Daniel James), Mental Health Funding (Paul Pogba), Covid Bail Outs (Harry Maguire), Police Reform (Jesse Lingard), Smaller Classes (David De Gea), Cutting Carbon Emissions (Dean Henderson), Foreign Aid Budget (Van De Beek)?
    I believe these Utd players have taken on those issues. Dick!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the disappointing thing is that we even need to have MR doing this, how did a 1st world country get to such a stage where kids are going hungry
    My thoughts exactly, 6th largest economy on the planet and its down to a footballer to try and get the government to feed kids

What a great man Rashford is

The UK honours and awards system needs reviewing. People shouldn't get awards just for doing a job for which they are often handsomely paid or because of a political party they belong to and should be about selfless acts to help others such as volunteering or using their celebrity status to help worthwhile causes.