Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Not really. Bridgend suffers with lots of out of town development on virtually all sides. There is now little reason to visit the town centre.

I remember when traffic could drive through the town, but all streets had double yellow lines so you couldn't park where you liked, anyway. Selfish idiots would sometimes park on one of the roads, creating gridlock. I remember when the bus station closed in 1992 and businesses in Wyndham St couldn't cope with the fumes from buses and cars that frequented it. There are a few streets that you can drive along. I don't get this thing about wanting to fill our town centres up with cars again, apart from the laziness of wanting to park as close as you can to the shop or place you want to visit.
Cardiff closed the gap between Fanum House the old AA Building and the start of Queens Street, it was the main access for cars traveling from North of town to get to the decent car parks, John Lewis, and St Davids 2, now you have to go round into one lane and joint traffic from East Cardiff, when town is busy it's a nightmare. Last January it took about forty minutes it was gridlock, never again.

It's rubbish now anyway, it's getting more and more run down every month, they probably should close St Mary street and beyond and try and condense it into a little town centre so there are less closed shops around. I don't really care anymore, I'll leave to the dossers in sleeping bags, I'll just go in when I have to and then probably take the train.

I went through week, the docks feeder that cost millions is going to be about 100 metres long, it's a joke, but I suppose at least they are trying something.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ooked-20847746