+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are Clubs Royally Ripping Off Fans?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Are Clubs Royally Ripping Off Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They're not a rip off, clubs need that money. TV deals over here are cheaper for foreign sports, they'll be more expensive (I guess) in the States for NFL etc. Their TV deals are also mad, the EFL doesn't have it. I have bought a ST, I will use that against the vouchers. I imagine at least 13000 others will too. Clubs cannot and will not survive without this, it isn't a hard concept to understand. It's also about half the price of going to the game, and if there are 3/4 of you watching, the cost is bugger all.
    You imagine 13,000 will too?
    There are season ticket holders on here stating they will not be watching and don't wish to take the club up on their offer for varying reasons.

I understand the logic but as with the double price for a replica shirt example regardless of a club needing the money it does not make the price fair. They are overcharging and yes it is probably to keep many afloat but they are still overcharging for it.
    I would go as far as saying it is as much to watch a stream online as some League 2 fans pay per game to go to matches, maybe even more. That isn't right.

Re: Are Clubs Royally Ripping Off Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You imagine 13,000 will too?
    There are season ticket holders on here stating they will not be watching and don't wish to take the club up on their offer for varying reasons.

I understand the logic but as with the double price for a replica shirt example regardless of a club needing the money it does not make the price fair. They are overcharging and yes it is probably to keep many afloat but they are still overcharging for it.
    I would go as far as saying it is as much to watch a stream online as some League 2 fans pay per game to go to matches, maybe even more. That isn't right.
    Utter, utter rubbish. Newport was £22 last season. Bradford was £20.

And yes, I imagine that most people have bought a ST with the realisation that it was unlikely they'd be able to attend games for a good while. Re shirts, clubs don't make any money off them bar a tiny percentage. That's why they do kit deals with companies who have the infrastructure and ability to sell/produce kits. If you ever see "Ronaldo paid for his transfer fee in kit sales", he didn't.